Adventure Escape Mysteries – Vanishing Act
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time another Detective Kate Gray mystery. You play as Kate, as she and Murphy try to get a night to themselves. But magic shows are full of surprises. When something goes wrong, what secrets will be revealed? This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 5 of Vanishing Act. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Kate and Murphy need to get onto the yacht where Allie is performing, but they don’t have tickets. They spot Charlie and Murphy splits off to follow him while Kate looks for a way to get onto the yacht. Tap on the couple to learn that the guy has two tickets on his phone in his pocket. We need to get it somehow. He doesn’t like heat, so try to turn on the heater — the propane tank is missing! Head left to the club.
2. Talk to all three men here to see if they’d give you their ticket. Only one is willing to, but he wants $6,000 for it. Take the harpoon off the wall while you’re here. Also, notice the model sailboats. We’ll need that later.
3. Go back out and use the harpoon to lift up the loose wooden plank. Then use the plank to get the propane tank from the boat.
4. Place the propane tank in the heater. The igniter’s broken so we need to find a match or a lighter.
5. Go back inside and talk to the waiter. He gives you a notepad and asks you to help him with the au d’oeuvres. Look at the notepad and at the model sailboats again.
6. Talk to the waiter when you’re ready to organize the appetizers. Basically, use the sailboats to figure out the symbol for each person on the list. Then put the appetizers they ordered onto their plate. It should look like this in the end:
7. Go back outside and get the lit cigarette from the waiter.
8. Use the cigarette to turn on the heater. The man will take off his jacket and then the couple will leave. Take his phone and also the telescope the woman left behind.
8. Look at his phone. It’s locked and you need to draw a pattern. The image on the phone is the clue. It also shows his name, Maxwell Perales. Go back inside and place the telescope on the stand. Then look through it.
9. Drag the telescope around to see 9 different buoys. Each buoy represents a dot on the phone’s lock screen. Look at the model ships again to see which symbol is for the Perales family. Then find the buoy with that symbol. It’s green, so follow the green ropes. Copy that pattern onto the phone to unlock it. Now you have a yacht ticket!
10. Go back outside and show the ticket taker your ticket. Murphy is still gone and Kate decides not to get on the yacht without him. Once it takes off, go back inside the club to find Murphy. Talk to him and you’ll decide to go after Charlie together.
11. Kate and Murphy follow Charlie to the dock. He gets a call and then leaves. Reveal the buried radio and then check out the boat.
12. The briefcase is locked and we need a 5-digit code for it. Open the duffel bag and then open the folder. There’s some IDs and newspaper clippings with a single number circled on each. It’s not too difficult. Two IDs are missing — Murphy’s and one other. Just match the articles to the IDs/names to get the order of the numbers. So you end up with 43928.
13. Enter 43928 into the briefcase to open it. Then look at the contents. Charlie and Elias were planning to impersonate people, including Murphy.
14. When you finish reading, Charlie shows up with a gun to Kate’s head, but Murphy intervenes. Grab the pocket square from Charlie’s pocket. Also, pick up the crowbar and look at Charlie’s phone. Elias is going to kill Allie if we don’t stop him!
15. Try to start the boat. There’s no fuel! Go back to the beach to try and find some.
16. Notice the flags on the boat house. We’ll need that soon. Use the crowbar to open the boat house door and then head inside.
17. Move the stool over so we can reach the oar. We can’t get it yet because of the net. Notice the padlock to the left. Tap on the frame in the back and use the pocket square to clean it off.
18. Now, look at the flags outside and inside and fill in the ones that are missing on each. Find those same flags on the chart and note down their names and their first letter. You end up with:
Enter BRINEY to unlock the padlock. Take the gasoline canister from inside.
19. Go back outside and pour the gas into the motor. Then get into the boat and start it.
20. Charlie wakes up and stabs the controls! Murphy is restraining him but can’t hold him for long. Grab the knife and use it to cut the rope.
21. Use the rope to tie up Charlie. Then check on the boat console. It’s broken but we can fix it if we find three more chips.
22. Head back to the boat house. Use the knife to cut the net. Take the oar. Open the cabinet and then the toolbox to get the screwdriver. Turn the TV around and use the screwdriver to get the chip from it.
23. Go back outside. Use the screwdriver to open the radio and take the chip. Place the oar on the canoe and row out to the buoy. Use the screwdriver to take the chip from the buoy.
24. Go back to the boat and place all three chips in the console. Now let’s solve the Console Puzzle. Drag all of the chips onto the grid while making sure all of their arrows are pointing directly at another arrow. Then head off to the yacht.
And that’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.