By: SFB Games
SFB Games’ Tangle Tower is the sequel to Detective Grimoire, and has you solving a murder mystery of a woman who seemingly got stabbed by a painting holding a knife. You need to explore the mysterious Tangle Tower for clues to her murder and figure out who actually did it. This walkthrough guide should help you out if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
16. Now you can enter Fifi’s Room. It’s to the right of Freya’s Room. Head over there. Notice the blackboard with all the suspects on it. Also, tap on the microscope to solve a puzzle. The lenses each have different magnifying strength. You need to move all the lenses around so they form a complete image of a key to get a new clue, the Secret Diary.
17. Now let’s start on the east tower. First, head over to the Stone Square, to the right of the Main Entrance. There’s a clock puzzle here and you meet Detective Hawkshaw. I had a lot of trouble with the clock puzzle for some reason the first time I did it. But here’s how to solve it easily: just put the upper left clock hand on 3 and the lower right clock hand on 6. The 9 and 12 should just work themselves out automatically. You’ll get a Small Lens from inside. And last, exhaust all options with Hawkshaw.
18. Open the map and head right to the Greenhouse. Find the Potted Fruit and notice a clue pinned up. Also, talk to Fitz and exhaust all options. Now you can enter Fitz’s Room. But don’t do it just yet.
19. Open the map. Head a bit up and to the right to the Music Room. Not much to do here at the moment. Find the Horn Statue as a clue and exhaust all options with Poppy. Now her bedroom is unlocked.
20. Open the map and head to the room right above the Music Room. It’s the Aviary. The only clue to find here is the Birds & Cage. Then talk to Penny and exhaust all options. Now you can access Penny’s Room.
21. Open the map and head left to Penny’s Room. Find the Potted Flower and then solve the bird house puzzle. It’s basically a family tree in which you need to mix colors and facial expressions. For instance, blue + yellow = green, green + white = light green. It should look like the photo below. Inside is a Crumpled Paper that says NOW I’LL GET HER.
22. Open the map and head up to Poppy’s Room. Find the Sheet Music on the wall and solve the metronome puzzle. Basically, you need to press the buttons to get all four circles to the hoop at the top. This is how to solve it: press the 3rd button twice and the 4th button 4 times. There’s a Ripped Photo inside. You can ask Poppy about it, but I’m going to wait with that. While here, check out the lock on the door. Slide the lid open. Move the move pieces out of the way so you can see where the sun symbols are. It’s half of a clue!
23. Open the map and head up to the Astronomy Tower. Talk to Professor Percival Pointer and exhaust all options. You should now have all the statements, but we’ll get back to that in a bit. Look through the telescope. It points at the crime scene! Tap on the window on the roof so Grimoire and Sally know you check for a room above Flora’s Tower. And last, there’s a mechanical solar system puzzle to solve.
24. For the solar system puzzle, you need to move the sun, moon and planets around so that their shadows match the pattern on the wood. It should look like the image below. Inside you’ll find the Golden Beetle research.
25. Open the map and head to the west tower to Fitz’s Room. The two things to notice here are the locked box under the bed and the lock mechanism on the door.
26. For the locked box, you need to use the three puzzle pieces to figure out the shapes of the four leaves. Inside you’ll find an Ornate Trowel.
27. For the lock mechanism, combine the sun clue from Poppy’s room to unlock it. The door won’t open until we unlock Poppy’s side, too, though.
28. Go back to Poppy’s Room and solve the matching puzzle on her door mechanism.
29. Now head out to the Rooftop Garden. The clues you need to find here are the Four Feathers on the frog statue’s tongue and the Lute Statue.
30. Now we should be able to access the Attic above Flora’s Tower. The only clue to find here is the Reel Thingy.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.