Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Squire’s Tale
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time an action-filled adventure in a fantasy world. You play as Martin, a squire who needs to help the knight Cedrick in their quest to find the legendary Sword of Light and put an end to the Monster King once and for all. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 2 of The Squire’s Tale. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 2, Grim Tops:
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Cedrick and Martin are now searching for the Sword of Light, and their first stop is the Grim Tops. First, grab the old cloth from the dragon statue. Martin automatically reads the plaque that was underneath: “Up from the ground we will grow.” It’ll make sense later.
2. Tap on the stairs and then use the old cloth to clean them.
3. Look at the colorful mushrooms growing. Notice there’s six levels to them and there are also six stairs. Basically, just count the number of mushrooms on each level and then light up that many dots on each stair. So it goes, from the bottom: 3, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2. Then climb up the stairs and through the door.
4. Find the bucket, chest key and wooden gear.
5. Use the chest key to unlock the chest and get the axe.
6. Use the axe to cut the vines on the right and grab the ladder. Then use the axe again on the vines. Cedrick will step in and cut them all for you.
7. Place ladder down and also the wheel. Then pull the lever to get the water running. Tap on the pipe above the ladder to access a puzzle.
8. Let’s solve the Pipes Puzzle by connecting all the pipe pieces.
9. Now the water is running through the pipe, but we need to get the spout up to the drain hole. Fill up the bucket with water and then pour it into the barrel. Do this three times and the water will run through to the wheel in the other room, revealing a new door and more dragon statues.
10. Open the little black box in the water to get a compass. Then tap on all of the dragon statues to see what their plaques say. We still have the one from earlier that said, “Up from the ground we will grow.” The top left says, “Westward winds sweep from faraway lands.” The top middle says, “The liquid of life flows but one way.” And the top right says, “Eastern fire breathers bird with desire.” Also, look at the door.
11. Place the compass in the slot on the door and then solve the puzzle using the clues from the dragons. Press the arrows so the move in the direction shown on the plaques.
Plant = North
Wind = West
Fire = East
Water = South
Now you’ll automatically head inside.
12. Cedrick and Martin come across a sleeping dragon who they wake. She tells you to do some chores for her and then she will let you through to the altar. First, pick up the empty flask. Then, let’s fix the statue. It’s a pretty easy puzzle. Just start with the legs and work your way up. Then take the blue gem.
13. There’s a boulder that Cedrick’s too weak to move, so we’re going to make him a strength potion. Now look at the table and grab the potion book. Look inside it for a potion that we need to recreate.
14. First, place the empty flask on the table. Then select the bottles in the right order to brew the potion. The book tells you which element represents each constellation, and then you just need to find that constellation on the bottle. So it goes like this:
Wind = Purple
Ice = Blue
Lightning = Yellow
Fire = Red
Plant = Green
Mountain/Earth = Orange
So the order is Purple, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Orange.
15. Cedrick drinks the potion and now he’s strong enough to move the boulder! Have him move it and then go through.
16. The griffin is on the other side of the doorway. We need to scare it away somehow. Grab the hammer while you’re here.
17. Go back inside and use the hammer to open the sealed box. Take the flint and steel from inside. Then move the box and take the black powder.
18. Go back to the griffin and pour some black powder on its nest, then light it on fire using the flint and steel. Yeah, it’s a little excessive, but it works. Take the griffin egg and go back inside.
19. Give the griffin egg to the dragon queen and she’ll let you through to the altar.
20. Move the column and then take the torch. Also, look at the stained glass window. And also notice the right fountain has buttons on it.
21. Let’s solve the Stones Puzzle using the clue from the stained glass. You literally just follow the symbols from left to right: Wind, Sun, Mountain, Star, Fire, Cloud, Moon. Then take the gem.
22. Place the two gems in the floating stones to get the fountain working. Then light the torch using the blue flame.
23. Go through the archway ahead of you to a brazier. Use the torch to light it. While here, grab the net.
24. Go back to the dragon and use the net to fish out the object from the water. Unwrap it to get a dragon bust.
25. Go back out and place the bust on the pedestal.
26. Now we have a maze puzzle to solve. First do the left gem and then the right gem. They should match my photos below. Then watch the ending of Chapter 2.
And that’s the end of Chapter 2! Click here to continue to Chapter 3 or choose a chapter below.