Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Squire’s Tale
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time an action-filled adventure in a fantasy world. You play as Martin, a squire who needs to help the knight Cedrick in their quest to find the legendary Sword of Light and put an end to the Monster King once and for all. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 5 of The Squire’s Tale. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 5, Mittenheim:
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re now in Mittenheim looking for the third altar. Martin finds out that the Yetis were all frozen by a curse. The Yeti Scholar was close to finding a cure before he got frozen too. Let’s try to help them! First, grab the ice scraper from the snow and the two buttons from the snow yeti. Also, grab the letter from the door of the general store and look at it. Notice the Parcel Pin for the Snow Bank Parcel System is on there.
2. Use the ice scraper to clear the ice off the box, then open it and look inside.
3. Let’s solve the Wire Puzzle! You need to connect all the nodes based on the number on each node. Tap two nodes to connect them. You can follow my solution if you need help.
4. And then fix Cedrick’s. Now power should be restored to the town.
5. Tap on the Snow Bank parcel box and add the two buttons. We need to figure out the pin. Look inside the window of the general store to see some tags with similar symbols as on the letter.
6. Now let’s decipher the code. Look at the symbols on the letter again. The first symbol is found on the mittens’ tag under the number 3. The next one can be found on the boots’ tag under the number 5. The third can be found on the mittens again under the number 8. And the last one is on the hat’s tag under the number 4. So put them together and you get 3854. Enter that code into the mailbox and then take the general store key.
7. Use the key to unlock the door to the general store and then head inside. Take the shovel. You can also try to open the jar but won’t be successful.
8. Leave the shop and use the shovel to dig out all the snow in front of the house. Cedrick will do it. Then head inside.
9. There’s a lot to do in here. Notice the field guide is missing all its pages. Find the jar opener, candle, and three field guide pages. Also notice the clue taped to the wall, the clocks that don’t move, the cloud mobile, the potion brewer, and the puzzle on the blackboard.
10. Place all three pages into the field guide binder and then take a look at it. Also, grab the fish key and use it to unlock the chest. Take the fishing rod and ice drill from inside.
11. Now, take a look at the chalkboard again and let’s solve the Chalkboard Closeup puzzle. We need to figure out the potion recipe by including the white ingredients and excluding the red ingredients. First, go through the field guide and cross off the rows that can’t be included in the recipe. Then, find an ingredient on each page — Aquatic Life, Flora, Fruits and Vegetables — that together include all the necessary ingredients. You end up with the Shimmer Fish, Hutch Flower, and Crosen Berry. The lightning bolt will come from the note taped to the wall.
12. Now enter all those ingredients on the chalkboard. Martin will also tell you that the chemical you need is the pink one, but we can’t grab it yet.
13. Let’s head back out to collect the all the ingredients. First, go back to the general store. Use the jar opener to open the jar of jerky and take some. Also, light the candle in the fireplace.
14. Leave the store and give the jerky to the dog. He’ll run over to the sign at the back. Follow him to the lake!
15. Now we’re at the frozen lake. Place the fishing rod down and use the ice drill to cut a hole in the ice. Use the candle to make the hatch flower bloom so you can get it. Grab the shiny ornament from the tree. And then tap on the basket of berries. A snowman starts talking to you! You have to pass his test to get the berries.
16. Let’s solve the Smowman’s Challenge. Move the snowmen so they’re in Cedrick and Nira’s attack zone (the blue and green squares). Use the arrows to slide the snowmen along a row or column. You have to complete it in a limited number of turns. The first one has to be done in three turns. You can watch my one video for all three challenges or each challenge separately.
17. For the next one, you have five moves.
18. And now one last challenge. You have five moves again. The big snowman needs a big attack, so it must go in the lower left corner where the blue and green squares overlap. Then you’ll get the crosen berries.
19. Now, if you look at the field guide, it tells you that shimmer fish like shiny objects. So use the shiny ornament as bait. You’ll then get some shimmer scales.
20. Let’s go back to the house and make a potion. Grab the pink chemical.
21. Pour the pink chemical into the pot and then add the other three ingredientes. Then tap on the pot itself to see its settings.
22. Let’s solve the Alchemy Pot puzzle. We need to figure out the correct settings for the security lock, temperature, and moisture. Let’s start with the security lock. Look at the map on the wall and notice it follows a similar grid as the buttons. So copy the path onto the buttons. It starts in the lower right corner, goes up once, then left twice, then up once. Then look at the clocks. Pay attention to the times and the shapes around them. So the first one on the pot has lines, which is Cornette at 2:00. The next one has squares, which is Morrocas at 3:00. And the last one has circles, which is Mittenheim at 8:00. So enter 238. And last, you’re going to refer to the two water droplets hanging from the cloud. Set everything to look like my image below and then pull the power button down.
23. A few hours pass and the potion is ready. Let’s go save some yetis! Use the potion to unfreeze all three of them — right outside, then by the lake, and then inside the general shop. Then come back to the scholar and he’ll take you to the altar.
24. Open the backpack and get the rope and the backpack. Also, grab the ice pick and the ox statue.
25. Use the ice pick to break the ice and get the frog statue.
26. Next, use the rope to reach the penguin statue.
27. Now, place all three statues on the scale. It’s not heavy enough! Add the ice pick, rope and backpack. Then head to the altar and watch the ending of Chapter 5.
And that’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.