Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Squire’s Tale
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time an action-filled adventure in a fantasy world. You play as Martin, a squire who needs to help the knight Cedrick in their quest to find the legendary Sword of Light and put an end to the Monster King once and for all. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 6 of The Squire’s Tale. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 6, Forgotten Forest:
You can watch my video for Chapter 6 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re now off to the Forgotten Forest to find the Sword of Light. We meet a troll named Kruk who’s blocking our way. He’s big fans of Cedrick and Martin and asks for their help. Tap near the riverbed to head over there with Kruk.
2. After Kruk and Oakley finish telling you about the witch’s curse, pick up the crooked branch, dead fish and tattered shirt. Then head back towards the bridge.
3. Use the crooked branch with the lantern and then add the shirt to make a torch. Then use the torch to enter the forest.
4. Tap on the witch’s hut and it will grow legs! Also, tap on the spider webs and Cedrick will get stuck in them. Let’s rescue him!
5. Let’s solve the Webs Puzzle. You need to drag the tiles onto the grid to form a path from the mama spider to the baby spiders.
6. Now the spider’s gone, so you can free Cedrick. Use the torch to burn the spider webs. You’ll also collect some of the web for later.
7. Look under the witch’s house. Grab the dried mushrooms and the pedal.
8. Attach the pedal to the spinning wheel. Also, use the mortar and pestle to grind the mushrooms into powder.
9. Place the mushroom powder in the cauldron to reveal a magic scroll. Grab the scroll.
10. Use the spinning wheel to spin the spider webs into spider silk.
11. Zoom back out from the scene. Use the spider silk with the bow and arrow to turn it into a working bow.
12. Shoot an arrow at the rope ladder to pull it down. Then climb up and grab the dreamcatcher. You can also tap on the cat to see there’s something around his neck. We can’t see it clearly, though. Throw him the fish so he comes down. Then you’ll automatically get the tumbler around his neck.
13. Now, place the tumbler in the box the angel is holding. Now we have to figure out what word to spell. Look at the crows in the tree. Pay attention to the number of crows next to different letters. There’s 1 next to L, 2 next to O, 3 next to V, 4 next to E, and 5 next to D. So spell out the word LOVED on the locked box. Then you’ll get a wand.
14. Go back to Kruk and Oakley. Give Oakley the dreamcatcher and the magic scroll. He then tells you a spell to use with the wand.
15. Use the wand with the dam and say the incantation to remove the spell. Then Kruk will break the dam. He’ll then take you to the bridge and let you pass.
16. We’re now in Nightcap Gulley. First, grab the mill lever. Also, look inside the mill. Ignore the tortoise for now.
17. Insert the lever to turn on the mill. Grab the hand rake and bow drill. Also, push in the three drawers to get the top one to pull out and get the garden gloves. Also, notice the mortar and pestle. We’ll come back to that. Go back out.
18. Use the gloves to grab some stinkweed and then head over to the sleeping tortoise.
19. First, use the hand rake to clear the moss out of the tortoise’s nostrils. Then place the moss on the firewood as kindling. Then use the bow drill to light a fire and scare off the mosquitos. Then use the stinkweed to wake the tortoise. Do it again every time he falls asleep.
20. With the tortoise’s help, get the moon mushrooms.
21. While here, dry the moon mushrooms in the fire.
22. Go back to the mill and use the mortar and pestle to grind up the dried moon mushrooms. Now you have moon powder.
23. Sprinkle the moon powder all over the windmill and it will create a path of mushrooms for you. Climb them.
24. Now we have to solve the Path of Storms Puzzle. You need to get to the arrow on the other side of the board. Select a yellow tile to move to. Tiles with wind will keep pushing you to the next square. Hide under mushrooms to escape the lightning.
25. Use the moon powder on the torches to reveal some frogs and some symbols. Tap each of the frogs to get it to land on a lily pad.
26. Now, look at the symbols on the tree. They each match a lily pad. Watch the order that the little purple puff flies in and note them down. Then press on those Lily pads/frogs in that order.
27. Now try to pull the sword from the stone. It’s too hard, so use the magic pendant.
28. Now we have to solve the Sword Symbols Puzzle. Select the symbols below that would form the larger symbol above. There’s three of them to solve. Then watch the ending of Chapter 6.
And that’s the end of Chapter 6! Click here to continue to Chapter 7 or choose a chapter below.