Adventure Escape: Haunted Hunt
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with yet another free Adventure Escape game, this time called Haunted Hunt. You play as a shapeshifter named Moira who can turn into all different animals. Here I’ll be helping you get through Chapter 8 of the game with a step-by-step walkthrough guide including all puzzle answers and solutions. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video walkthrough here or continue below to my step-by-step guide.
1. Grab the bust of Otto from the table and the diamond ring from the jacket pocket.
2. Shapeshift into Euphemia and use the monocle to look at the ottoman. There are three numbers on it — 972. But notice the black dot by the 7. If you tap on the suitcase to the left, the combination lock has three symbols. One of them is a black dot. So put the 7 there, then the arrows pointing up and down are telling you to go with the highest number (9) and then the lowest number (2). So you get 792. Take Euphemia’s diagrams and map from inside. Take a look at the map.
3. Open the back door and head through. Pick up the flint and the coals and wood.
4. Place the diagrams on the table. Add the coal and wood, flint, and diamond ring. We need to build a flamethrower! Play the wood pieces down so the colored ends match. Tap a piece to rotate it. The flint, coal and ring also have to match the colors. You can copy my solution below if you’re stuck. Pick up the flamethrower.
5. Use the flamethrower on the tree roots and take the knife.
6. Use the knife to cut the rope. Also, use the knife to cut the rest of the tree roots. Then use the flamethrower to remove some of the bricks. Also, tap on the candles and use the flamethrower to light them. Also, place the bricks down. We’ll come back to this later.
7. Leave the room. Hang the rope from the chain and tie the bust to it. It will swing and break the chandelier. Pick up the crystals.
8. Open the map and tap on Baxter to go to the seance room. Use the flamethrower on the magic box. We need a 4-digit code. Open the map again and change into Euphemia to use her monocle to look at it. Move it around until you find four numbers — 7 8 4 3. Also, notice the shapes above the words SEANCE ROOM. The circle tells you to start with the number with a circle or dot by it. That’s 7. The triangle pointing up tells you to choose the highest remaining number, or 8. And the two arrows down tell you to choose the rest of the numbers is descending order. So you get 7843.
9. Enter 7843 to deactivate the box. Baxter will appear and mark up your map. There’s now some colored lines across it, some new areas you can visit, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff that’s only visible through the monocle.
10. Use the map to go to the library. Use the flamethrower on the magic box. We need a 5-digit code this time. The blue line or laser crosses the library, so use the blue symbols to crack its code. Pay attention to the shapes above the word LIBRARY. The sheep/cow has the dot on it so that’s where you start. Count the animals’s legs. Sheep/cow 4, spider 8, ant 6, snake 0, human 2. Use the shapes to figure out the order. Sheep is first, so 4. The highest remaining number is 8. And then the rest of the numbers in descending order would be 620. So put them together and you get: 48620. Enter 48620 into the box to deactivate it.
11. Next, head to the cellar and use the flame thrower on the box. Look at the map. It has a yellow laser, so use the monocle and focus on the yellow symbols. They’re shapes this time with angles. Count the angles. And again, pay attention to the shapes above the word CELLAR. Start with the shape with the fewest angles. That’s the little arrow pointing upwards. It has only 1 angle. Next, the dot, which is the triangle with 3 angles. Then the next three are in ascending order, so 5 for pentagon, 6 for hexagon, and 8 for octagon. Put them together and you get 13568. Enter that into the box to disarm it.
12. Ok, just one last box! Head to the boudoir and use the flamethrower on the box. Look at the map. The boudoir has a white laser, so focus on the white symbols. They’re flowers and you need to count the petals. Start with the lowest number, 1, then the circle or dot is 2, then ascending order for the last three, so 3 6 8. Put them together and you get 12368. Enter that into the magic box to disarm it.
13. Go back to the Hall. We need to build a device to summon all the ghosts at once. Go back through the doors and tap on the table. There’s more of Euphemia’s plans. Let’s put them together to make a Ghost Summoning Device. First, place the chandelier crystals on the table. Then, use the monocle to see how to place the crystals. And last, put all the wood pieces in the right place. Unfortunately, it has to be very specific even though I was able to solve it in at least three different ways. I mean, technically you should be able to flip them around as long as the correct colors are still in the right places. But it only accepts one solution. Not a great puzzle. But below is the solution that works.
14. Pick up the ghost summoning devices from the table and look at the plans for summoning the ghost into the device. You need nine candles and the eight bricks. We already have both. Also, if you use the monocle, you can see a sort of spidery figure on the page.
15. Tap on the candles and place the boxes down with the candles and bricks. You need to move the candles around to create the shadow you saw on the plans.
16. All three ghosts will appear! Now we have to get to Otto. The goal with this puzzle is to get all of the guests out of the ballroom while keeping Otto trapped inside. Drag your four companions on the right to the ballroom to block certain paths. The guests will move when the countdown reaches 0, but you can tap on the hourglass to make them move immediately. I’ll have video for this later, but just take your time with it. The most important thing is to keep Otto from leaving and then you can focus on the other guests. The one in the corner was the most difficult because she kept wanting to go back there. But just keep adjusting the lasers and focus on one guest at a time until they’re all gone.
17. You then have the choice to burn down the house or let it stand. I don’t see any benefit to either, but setting the fire is more interactive.
And that’s the end of the game! Congratulations!