Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker 2 Tracing the Past
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This is the sequel to Trapmaker and is called Trapmaker 2 – Tracing the Past. In the first game, we discovered that Frank Dietch is the Trapmaker! Will Detective Kate Gray finally catch him after he got away? Let’s find out! This walkthrough guide will help you with answers and solutions for all the puzzles in Chapter 3. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Other Adventure Escape Games
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Notice the stickers on the police car. One says “Bear with the Bees.” Open the bag in the back of the pick-up truck and get the wire cutters. Also, open the garbage and get the jacket. Make note of the pizza box with olives in the garbage. And last, open what looks like an air conditioning unit to reveal some tangled wires.
2. Use the wire cutters on the tangled wires to get some wires. Then enter the police station.
3. The cop here refuses to talk to you unless you fix his TV. But first, open the closet and take a wire clothes hanger. Also, notice the clues around the room, like the lottery numbers and and the 88 on the poster of a cop.
4. Now tap on the TV and add the wires. Then solve the puzzle as shown below. You need to connect all the wires to lights.
5. The TV’s back on, but we still need another distraction. For now, take the sunglasses. Then, leave the police precinct.
6. Outside, use the wire hanger to get the shirt from the pickup truck. Then head into the barber shop.
7. Looks like Murphy needs a costume so he can dress up and distract the cop! Pick up the hat, trimmer, and worn key.
8. Trim the wig and pick it up. Then put the shirt, jacket, sunglasses, wig and hat on Murphy. We’re still missing something.
9. Leave the barber shop. Use the key to unlock the mailbox. There’s a puzzle of the month inside! Let’s solve it. It’s basically a crossword puzzle with numbers instead of words. But it works the same way. You can copy my solution below. Notice the barber circled the numbers 17231.
10. Go back inside the barber shop and enter 17231 to unlock the safe. Take the fake mustache from inside.
11. Add the mustache to Murphy’s costume and he’ll run off to the police station.
12. Head into the police station after Murphy. Tap on him and he’ll start talking to the cop. The cop asks Murphy, “What’s your favorite team and from what year?” Choose BEARS (the sticker) and 1988 because of the poster.
13. He then asks, “Who is your favorite player and what is their nickname?” Answer Number 17 (the lotto numbers) and “The Bee” (from the stickers).
14. And last, he asks, “What was the Bears’ signature game day dish?” Answer Pizza (the pizza box outside), Olives (same), and Jalape╬ô├╢┬ú╬ô├╗├åos (the poster shows a cop breathing fire).
15. Now you can take the keys.
16. Go outside and try to open the back entrance to the police station.
17. Now use the keys on the lock. You need to select three keys and then use it on one lock. For left, use yellow, green and turquoise. For right, use pink, blue and silver. Then go through.
18. Look at the Blood Types poster on the door. It says O+ AB+ AB+ A- B. The B is scratched. Also, there’s a paper that says:
A = 50
B = 8
19. Turn the A’s and B’s on the poster into an equation.
0 + AB + AB + A – B = 0 + 50(8) + 50(8) + 50 – 8 = 0 + 400 + 400 + 50 – 8 = 842
Enter 842 into the combination lock on the drawer to open it. Take the file on Bradford Jace to find out where he lives and complete the chapter.
That’s the end of Chapter 3! Click here for Chapter 4 or choose another chapter below.
This Post Has 10 Comments
there is a mistake in the german version, 17 is still the right answer, but there is no 17 to choose, You have to choose 14.
How the code is 17231
The answer is in item 9.
I think there’s a glitch in mine it keeps making me replay chapter the and won’t let me move on to chapter four. I’ve already beaten chapter three like six times and it keeps making me replay it. Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so can you tell me how you beat it?
I think there is a problem, it wont let me answer any of the question
Does anyone know why?
Can someone explain the equation using the blood groups? IΓÇÖm rubbish at maths and I canΓÇÖt understand where the 400 comes from. Thanks.
AB is A ×B so 50×8=400
I canΓÇÖt input answers when the officer asks eg bears and 1988
That crossword puzzle is a bitch. After awhile it just stops taking solutions. I have had to three times reset the game because the numbers either don’t flip or don’t take the answers. I wish there was a way to tap the answers instead of playing around so it decides to flip. Wow, what a garbage puzzle…
For the keys, it won’t let me but more than one in at a time? Help