Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker 2 Tracing the Past
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This is the sequel to Trapmaker and is called Trapmaker 2 – Tracing the Past. In the first game, we discovered that Frank Dietch is the Trapmaker! Will Detective Kate Gray finally catch him after he got away? Let’s find out! This walkthrough guide will help you with answers and solutions for all the puzzles in Chapter 8. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below to see my step-by-step guide.
1. The bomb is about to blow and Keiko and Penny are still inside the precinct! Pick up the van key and extension cord.
2. Use the van key to open the back of the van. Take the boombox and phone charger. Then open the case to get another extension cord.
3. Use both extension cords with the radar machine and plug it into the outlet.
4. Tap on the machine. It’s a puzzle! You need to highlight all the buildings by pressing the number buttons to move the light. Press them in this order:
Then you’ll get a battering ram.
5. Use the battering ram to smash a hole through the wall. Go through.
6. Plug in the treadmill. Grab the defibrillator. Open the two lockers and grab the magnet and hairdryer.
7. Use the magnet to get the key in the grate.
8. Use the key to unlock the locker and take the fan.
9. Tap on the power box. Let’s solve the puzzle. You need to figure out the value of each color. If you drag two resistors to the center, you can see the sum value of all the colors. So let’s figure this out. Red and Blue are easiest, since you have resistors of just those individual colors. Put them in the center together and you get 18. Put just the Blue with any other resistor and you get 6 more than you get of that color with Red. So three Blue stripes are worth 6 more than 3 Red stripes. That means 3 Red are 6 and 3 Blue are 12. That makes one Red 2 and one Blue 4. Now figure out the rest:
10. Plug in the defibrillator, hairdryer, phone, fan and boom box. Then tap on the boom box. Notice the same band sticker that’s on the lock on the remaining locker. Cycle through the four tracks on the CD to see their different lengths:
11. Since the sticker has four plus signs on it, try adding all four of the track lengths together. Remember that there are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100! You then get 14:48. Enter that into the locker lock to open it. Take the electric razor from inside the locker.
12. Plug in the razor alongside all the other appliances. The door will open! Go through.
13. Trapmaker calls and makes the bomb’s ticking louder so we can hear it. It’s another puzzle! The faster the indicator pulses, the closer the ticking (and the bomb) is. Tap and hold on something to see if it’s the bomb. It turns out the bomb is in the locked desk! You may first need to check the clock and the vent because…video game logic.
14. We have to get the lock open. First, find the hammer, screwdriver and box cutter.
15. Open the closet and use the box cutter on the box. Take the compressed air from inside. Also, use the screwdriver to open up the clock and the radio and take the batteries from each.
16. Place the batteries in the voltage meter and pick it up.
17. Spray the compressed air on the lock and then use the hammer to break it.
18. Use the hammer to break the two surveillance cameras in the room. Then take the wire from the one near the bomb.
19. Use the voltage meter with the bomb and add the red wire.
20. Now we have to disarm the bomb by solving another puzzle. Basically, you need to place the triangles on the grid so that all the same colors touch each other. The colors also have to match the border colors.
And that appears to be the end…for now! Check back here when Trapmaker 3 is out!
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE© AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.