Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Echo Bay Murders
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called The Echo Bay Murders. You play as Detective Kate Gray, as she travels to the coastal town of Echo Bay to investigate a missing persons case. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 1. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1, Echo Bay Fuel Shop:
You can watch my video for Chapter 1 or continue to my step-by-step guide below.
1. Detective Kate Gray is driving to Echo Bay to meet up with an old friend. She gets a call from Murphy and then another from Darius, the friend she’s meeting. He tells her that five women have now gone missing from the Echo Bay area over the last 10 years. He wants her help because he thinks it could be a serial killer. Once you get there, pick up the brush from the ground and the keypad button from the garbage. Talk to Mila, the witness. She tells you that a woman locked herself in the bathroom two hours ago and never came out.
2. Tap the garage keypad and replace the missing key. We still need to figure out the code. Notice the neon sign above. There are four letters that flicker — CYEO. If you enter those on the keypad, you get 1925. Do so to unlock the garage.
3. Head inside. Pick up the step ladder. Grab the the fuse from inside the blue cabinet. Also, notice the padlock on the closet.
4. Let’s solve the Padlock Puzzle. You need to move the colored balls to their matching colored gears. Press a gear to rotate it. When the empty slot is aligned with a bridge, press the ball on the other side to move it across. You can use my video if you need help.
5. Grab the spare keys from the closet. Then press the back button to head back out.
6. Use the spare keys to unlock the bathroom. There’s a camera flash! Murphy leaves to investigate. Enter the bathroom.
7. Grab the rag. Attach the brush to the handle to get a broom. Also, open the stall and put down the toilet seat lid so you can get the uncharged phone.
8. Use the step ladder to reach the torn piece of cloth and wallet. Take the driver’s license and both that and the cloth will be recorded as evidence. Also look at the scrap of paper in the wallet with numbers on it and the two credit cards. Also, use the broom to clean up the broken glass and get the small key. And last, use the rag in the sink to dampen it.
9. Go back outside. Tap on the car door. It’s all covered in dirt. Use the damp rag to clean it off. You need to swipe it around. We need to figure out the order to press the numbered buttons. The answer is on the paper with the numbers. There are three sets of five digits. Two of them have a 0, so it can’t be them. That means it’s 83516. So press 7-8, 3-4, 5-6, 1-2, 5-6. The door will open.
10. Look inside the car door. Grab the USB cable and plug it into the USB port. Plug in the phone. It needs to charge, so leave it for now. Use the small key to unlock the glove compartment and take the fuse. Also, press the button to unlock the trunk.
11. Leave the car and grab the extension cord from the trunk. Murphy comes back and says the cameras seem to have been tampered with.
12. Go back inside. Use the extension cord with the autolift to plug it in. Then press the button to lower the car. Grab the duct tape and screwdriver from the cork board on the wall behind the car. Also, notice the calendar on the wall. It says the garage is closed this week.
13. Go back to the car and use the screwdriver to open the panel to the left of the glove compartment. Take the fuse.
14. Go back to the garage. Use the screwdriver to open the fuse box next to the closet. Add the three fuses. Now let’s solve the Fuse Puzzle. Move each colored spark onto its matching colored slot. Select a spark and then press a directional arrow to move it. You can watch my video if you need help.
15. The electricity is now on in the security office. Tap on the computer monitor and use the duct tape to patch up the wire. Now we can access the security footage! We need to pinpoint the exact date and time the missing woman, Ava McWilliam, got to the gas station.
16. Go back to the car. Her phone is charged up now, so take it.
17. Look at the phone using the little magnifying glass next to it. Read through her texts from Ryan. They start at the bottom at 6:38 PM and he says that tomorrow is Tuesday, which means the day she went missing is Monday. The next text is at 6:45 PM and he asks her to grab some salsa for him. We can assume he’s talking about the gas station. So, together with the calendar, we can surmise that she was at the gas station at 6:45 PM on Monday, March 8, 2021.
18. Go back to the computer and enter 03 as the month, 08 as the day, 2021 as the year, 18 as the hour, 45 as the minute, and then search to see her leave her car, enter enter leave the gas station, enter the bathroom and then never come out. Then a suspect arrives on the third camera. He must have broken into the bathroom and abducted her!
19. Leave the garage and talk to Darius to fill him in. The local cops arrive, so Kate leaves to check into her hotel.
20. Now we’re driving to the hotel as Kate. A stranger shoots at her and crashes her car, then kidnaps her.
And that’s the end of Chapter 1! Click here to continue to Chapter 2 or choose a chapter below.