Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Echo Bay Murders
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called The Echo Bay Murders. You play as Detective Kate Gray, as she travels to the coastal town of Echo Bay to investigate a missing persons case. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 8. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 8, Cabin in the Woods:
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Pick up the gas can. Also, notice the missing hose and broken valve. Then have Darius help you open the garage and head inside.
2. Grab the rake. Tap on the bulletin board and take the screwdriver. Also notice the torn photo. Look in the box on the chair and take the valve wheel. Also, notice the dog tags. And last, fill the mower with gas.
3. Turn on the mower. Kate will automatically mow the grass in front of the gate. Something gets stuck in the blades. Grab the dog tag from the mower.
4. Add the dog tag to the others in the box.
5. Leave the garage. Use the rake to reach the bolt cutters under the cabin.
6. Go back inside the garage. Use the bolt cutters to cut the chain to the right. Open the door and grab the key and torn photo.
7. Place the torn photo with the other half on the bulletin board to get a clue. Use the key to unlock the locked cabinet and take the hose and note from inside. Look at the note to get evidence added to your book.
8. Go back outside. Tap on where the hose should be and use the screwdriver to remove the broken valve wheel. Replace it with the new one and use the screwdriver to tighten it again. Add the hose. Use it to put out the fire. Look inside the fire pit to find a 4-digit combination lock.
9. Let’s figure out the passcode for the lock. The clues we’ll use are the dog tags, the list of Luca’s fallen friends, and the photograph of the skydiving troops. Notice the four numbers are scratched off on Bernard Wilson’s dog tag. I’ve organized the tags below based on the skydiving photo. Using that, you can see a pattern with the last four digits of each tag. Start with the first number of each to figure out the pattern and the number for the missing one. So it goes Mark Davis to Andrew Sanchez to Kobe Wong to Trevor Smith to Bernard Wilson. You end up with this:
13131, 86420, 98765, 01234
So take the last number from each and you get 1054. Enter that into the lock and head down.
10. Find the Rubik’s cube on the blue shelf. It’s a clue for something. Move the chair aside and open one of the drawers to get a puzzle piece. Open the lockers and grab the puzzle piece and sledgehammer. Ignore the locked locker for now.
11. Use the screwdriver to unbolt the left locker and then move it aside. Use the sledgehammer to break through the wall and reveal Ellie’s remains and get evidence for your book. Grab the puzzle piece.
12. Go back to the garage and use the sledgehammer on the cracked floor to get another puzzle piece.
13. Go back to the secret room and add all four puzzle pieces to the puzzle on the wall. Then solve the Triangles Puzzle by pressing the blue buttons to rotate the triangles until you complete the image. You can use my video if you need help. The resulting image is a clue. Notice the same numbers are on the Rubik’s cube.
14. Let’s work out the locker lock. We need five directions. First, more down the order in which the cars reached the finish line:
Next, find Red 9 on the Rubik’s cube. You then go DOWN to reach Yellow 2, LEFT to reach White 16, UP to Blue 13, RIGHT to Orange 85, and LEFT to Green 44. The directions are based on the orientation of the numbers. So for the lock, it’s DOWN, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, LEFT or DLURL. Take the letter pieces and power cord from inside.
15. Use the power cord to plug in the security camera hard drive. We need to unlock the gate, but first we need to figure out the password. You’ll also get more evidence for your book. Add the letters to the board on the floor. Let’s figure out how to arrange them. The brown shapes can help you. In the end it should say:
Take the letters and numbers with green arrows and you get LHYE17.
16. Now enter LHYE17 on the hard drive to unlock the side gate.
17. Head back up. Luca is there and shoots Darius! Shoot back and he drives off. Darius gives you the keys to the dirt bike in the shed. Head inside and use the keys with the dirt bike. Kate will head after Luca.
18. Now we have to solve the Forest Maze Puzzle. Search the map for tools that Kate can use to catch Luca, while avoiding his line of site. Press a glowing tile next to Kate to move her along the path. When next to an item, press it to pick it up. You can use my video if you need help.
19. Now we have the Shooting Puzzle, which is the same thing as before. You need to keep finding Luca and shoot at him until he runs out of health.
And now just watch the ending! Congratulations! You completed the game!