By: Rusty Lake
Underground Blossom is the latest room escape game from Rusty Lake. You take trains to different subway stops and follow Laura throughout her life. It can be tricky at times, so this walkthrough will help if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 3, School Street:
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Once you get off the train, talk to Laura. She tells you someone stole her photos. Fold the drawing on the floor into a paper airplane and then pick it up. Also, grab a peanut from the bag of peanuts on the floor.
2. Turn left and look at the book the lone school kid is holding. You need to use the clues on the left (school gossip) to figure out the correct names for all the classmates. We already know what Laura looks like (she stands alone), so move her portrait to her name. Then let’s work on the others.
3. First, look at the middle student’s right pocket. There’s a drawing that depicts a student with a crush on another. We know that “Sam is in love with Johnny,” so now we can identify Sam and Johnny. Sam is the student with curly red hair and Johnny is the blond boy with short blond hair. Also, notice the girl in the middle is missing an earring.
4. Turn right twice to see more students. Look at the can of sausages on the floor. Use the iron saw to open it and take the sausage.
5. We know that “Tess hates sausages,” “Jimmy has a peanut allergy” and “Bobby is afraid of airplanes.” So place the sausage, peanut and airplane on each kid’s head to see which ones react. On this screen, you’ll get a reaction from the peanut and the airplane. Make note of the students and then take them both back.
6. While here, look inside the left pocket of the second girl from the right. There’s an earring! It matches the one on the other girl with the pockets. One of the clues said that “Franky stole something from Alex.” So now we can identify Franky and Alex, too.
7. Now all that’s left is Tess, who hates sausages. Go back to the other set of students and place the sausage on their heads until you get a reaction. Make sure to take the sausage back after.
8. Now put all the information we found together and place the photos over the correct names. It should look like this:
9. Hank asks for three items — the peanut, plane and sausage. Give him all three and then take the worm from him.
10. There’s a pigeon above the kids in this room. Feed it the worm and it will fly off. Grab the egg and it drops onto Johnny’s head, causing him to drop his bag.
(Poke on Johnny a bunch of times to get an achievement here.)
11. Look inside Johnny’s bag. Notice there’s a notebook, a ruler, a cigar, a lollipop and a pencil sharpener. The book is locked but has drawings on it if the lollipop, sharpener and cigar. What you need to do is line those three items up next to the ruler to measure them. Then enter the numbers into the lock on the book in that order. So you get:
Lollipop = 6
Sharpener = 3
Cigar = 7
Enter 637 to unlock the book and take the photos from inside.
12. Give the photos to Laura. Keep talking to her until she tells you your train arrives at 2:45.
13. And now, finally, let’s get a ticket. On the same screen as Laura there’s a ticket machine. You need to press the buttons in an order that will allow you to press all of them. It’s a path, with the arrows leading you around. Multiple arrows in the same direction mean you skip buttons, and arrows pointing in different directions mean you can choose one. Then take the metro ticket.
14. Head to the clock and set it to 2:45. Then have the conductor punch your ticket and get on the train to leave to the next station.
And that’s the end of Chapter 3! Click here to continue to Chapter 4 or choose a chapter below.