By: Rusty Lake
Underground Blossom is the latest room escape game from Rusty Lake. You take trains to different subway stops and follow Laura throughout her life. It can be tricky at times, so this walkthrough will help if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 5, Sorrow Cross:
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Tap on Laura a few times. She tells Bob to leave and tells him his train leaves at four.
2. Open the box under the bench and grab the clock hand.
3. Turn right twice and change the time to 4:00. Then talk to Bob a couple of times and send him off on the train.
4. Bob dropped his wallet! Look through it and take the coin and money. There’s also a business card for The White Door, but it’s just an Easter egg.
5. Go left again and insert the coin into the vending machine. You have 100 credits, so you need to choose three snacks that add up to 100 — 20, 45, 35. Tap the little nobs below them to select them, then look inside the tray when they fall.
6. Now you have to sort the candies by theme. Put animals in the bag with the dog on it, food in the bag with the food on it, and transportation in the bag with the bicycle on it. Just keep going until you get a corn cookie. Pick it up.
7. Go right twice and give the corn cookie to the pigeon. Now you have to solve a puzzle through trial and error. Tap the pigeon and watch what it does. Move the food around until it’s happy with the placement and completes the sequence. The important part is that the white lumps go in the spaces that he skips. You can follow my image below if you need help. (Actually, I’ve seen multiple solutions, so I’m not sure my image will help. Can anyone tell me if the solution changed or if there are multiple solutions?)
8. Now the pigeon flies off. Follow it to the trash can and scare it off again. Follow it to the right onto the chandelier above Laura’s head. Scare it off again and follow to two screens to the left. Scare it off again and it will fly right into a moving train and go splat. 🙁
9. Look through the pigeon’s remains to find a key.
10. Go left and use the key to open the jail cell. Talk to the guy who stole your stuff. He tells you to leave some money under the bench and come back at 9 if you want your stuff back.
11. Go left again and place the money inside the box under the bench. Then change the clock to 9:00.
12. Check the box again to see a paper bag. Open it to get your iron saw back.
13. Use the saw to cut through the padlock to the right of Laura. Take the painting panel from inside the cabinet.
14. Turn left and place the painting panel with the rest of the painting. Solve the puzzle by dragging the painting in the center so the circle matches one of the circles on the border. Then tap the circle it matches so an image appears inside. Do this until all 12 circles are complete.
15. The trash can tips over. Look through the stuff that fell out. Make pairs — that’s a clue. Pair up similar items. It should look like this, then tap on the envelope. Read the letter and take the pill.
16. Go back to Laura and give her the pill. Then talk to her and she asks if you can see her nightmares. Tap on her a few times to get clues for each part of the puzzle. The first thing she says is, “I dream of my mother. She holds me as a baby.” So go left and place the floating baby in her mother’s hand.
17. Next, “I dream of poor Bob. He holds his broken heart.” So find the heart near her mother and drag it across two screens to Bob.
18. “I dream of myself as a little girl, and my mother. While she holds my hand, I hold her face.”
19. “I dream of the detective. He is there with a large fish.” Turn left to find him.
20. “I dream of a bird holding a rat. And then I see the corrupted soul with the head of my mother. What happened to her?” The bird is to the right and the corrupted soul is to the right of that.
21. “I dream of you, my feathered friend, holding a branch full of blossom.” Give the branch of flowers to Mr. Parrot. He’s to the left of Laura.
22. “I dream of my mother. She has grown old. She holds a black cube.” Her old mother is to the right of her.
23. Talk to Laura again. She says, “Is she still alive? Where did she go? Will I ever know?” And then the dream ends and Laura is on the floor. Take the metro ticket from her hand.
(You can also get an achievement here by poking the corrupted soul until a bug crawls out of her mouth.)
24. Look at the portrait of her mother next to Laura. Pick up the paint brush next to it.
25. Go back to the pigeon’s remains and dip the paint brush in the blood.
26. Go back to the portrait of her mother and paint on it with the paint dipped in blood. (Note: You need to select the paintbrush for this to work. You can’t drag it to the portrait.) You’ll see “19:55” under the paint, which translates to 7:55.
27. Set the clock to 7:55. When the train comes, have the conductor punch your ticket and head off to the next station.
And that’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.