The Room: Old Sins
By: Fireproof Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for the iOS puzzle adventure game, The Room: Old Sins, by Fireproof Games. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Note: I’ll be adding more screenshots later. If you’re having trouble understanding what to do from my descriptions, please watch the videos until I have a chance to get more screenshots added.
Room 5, The Maritime Room:
You can watch my video for this section or continue on for my step-by-step guide.
1. Open the artifact and take the mechanical wooden box. Turn it into a model staircase.
2. Find the balcony and place the staircase under it. You can now access the Japanese Gallery. Go inside.
3. Read the book on the chair.
4. Look at the shelves to the right. Some of the doors can slide open. Move the small left one to the right and then move the small round slider to the right. Now you can access the right side. Open that door and take the carved stone sphere (octopus eye). Don’t forget to turn the two wooden gears to open tow parts of the contraption holding the harpoon in place.
5. Go to the octopus table and place the eye in his socket. His tentacle will move, revealing more of the pagoda he’s hugging.
6. Examine the pagoda and use two hands to solve the puzzle. You need to use one hand to rotate the spirals and the other to move the locks through the gaps in the wood. Take the ornate wooden capsule.
7. Examine the wooden capsule. Rotate the top piece to open it up. Now, you can slide the pieces apart. Find the one on the bottom with a picture of a fly. Look at the cylinder facing it. Change it to a spider because spiders eat flies. Then move it down and change the next one to a bird and the next to a fox. All the way up the food chain. The bottom will open up, revealing two legs.
8. Go back to the shelves and find the holes where the capsule can fit. Insert it and rotate it to reveal another round slider. Move it to the right to unlock the left door. Move it to the right and take the unfinished wooden sculpture.
9. Rotate the capsule again to move the piece locking the wooden gear in place. Rotate the wooden gear to open the last piece that’s holding the harpoon. Take the harpoon.
10. Go back to the Maritime Room. Place the harpoon on the front of the harpoon gun. Pull the handle back and then aim at the gold circle and pull the trigger. The bell will fall.
11. Leave the Maritime Room and fetch the small iron bell.
12. Examine the bell. Pull open the top and turn it into a handle. Rotate it to turn the whole thing into a gear.
13. Go back into the Maritime Room and place the bell on the left side of the safe. Use it as a gear to rotate the symbols so they match those on the right side of the safe. The top of the safe should pop open.
14. Use the mechanism on top to move the piece on the front of the safe. Then move each slider out so you can open the door. Light the fuse and then take the artifact to complete the Maritime Room.
Click here to continue to the next page of the walkthrough, the Garden.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.