Adventure Escape Mysteries
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This features Detective Kate Gray as she goes on a well-earned vacation at a fancy beach resort with her friend Melissa. Of course she can’t actually have a vacation, because that wouldn’t make for much of a mystery game! This walkthrough guide will help you with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for any puzzles you get stuck on in Chapter 5 of Paradise Mystery. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Time to visit Kai’s Surf Shop! Pick up the bungie cords. Then use them to climb up to the balcony.
2. Pick up the straight razor, surf wax, keys and power sander. Notice the puzzle on the wall, too. We’ll get to that later.
3. Plug in the sander. We can’t turn it on because the outlet has no power. But use the surf wax on the clamp of the orange surfboard to loosen it. Take the surfboard.
4. Climb back down the balcony and use the razor to cut the bungee cords on the roof of the van. Take the surf board. Then, use the car keys to unlock the van door. Head inside.
5. Move the hula dancer aside to find a key. Use the key to unlock the glove compartment. There’s heart meds in there! Kai had a heart condition. Take the remote control and then leave the van.
6. Use to remote control to open the garage door. Take the blue surfboard and tap on the lightning bolt. We need to solve a puzzle to turn the power back on.
7. You need to connect the different colored wires to the correct number of nodes on the way to the sockets. If you get stuck, you can copy my solution:
8. Now the power is on. Go back up to the balcony and use the sander to reveal the words TINY WAVES.
9. Go back down and place all three surf boards with the rest. Spell out TINY WAVES.
10. Tap on the keypad next to the front door and copy the heights of the surf boards into it to unlock the door. Then head inside.
11. Pick up the needle from the floor and place it on the clock. It’s a high tide clock. There’s also a few things to look at around the room — the wet suits, the statue, the map with the best times to surf the beaches, and some postcards.
12. Look at the four postcards. The first has starfish, the second has dolphins, the third has sand castles, and the last has a sunset. Find places like that on the map — STARFISH COVE, DOLPHIN SHORES, CASTLE BEACH, SHNSET CLIFFS. Next, copy each of the symbols from those places on the map onto the tide clock. You should get:
Starfish Cove = HIGH 1
Dolphin Shores = LOW 2
Castle Beach = HIGH 5
Sunset Cliffs = LOW 4
Together, you get 1254.
13. Enter 1254 into the locked drawer to open it. Look inside.
14. Take the bottle of suntan oil and tap the sunglasses to compare the fingerprints on it to the ones on the float tank. They match! So Renzo probably killed Kai, but we need more proof.
15. Go back to that statue and spray the tanning oil on it to loosen the rings. Notice the letters on the surfboard. They say, from top to bottom: L XL S XS.
16. Find the colors on the clothes rack for those sizes. You get:
L = Green
XL = Red
S = Blue
XS = Yellow
Now, change the rings to those colors. Take the key from his mouth.
17. Go through the beads and up the stairs to the balcony. Use the key to unlock the drawer and take the puzzle pieces. Place them on the puzzle on the wall.
18. Let’s solve the puzzle. Fit all the pieces on the board and then take the silver key.
19. Go back inside and use the silver key to unlock the filing cabinet. It’s a last will and testament that says if Kai dies, Renzo inherits the shop. But Renzo comes in and doesn’t know about Kai’s death. It seems they’re also very close, so he’s probably not the killer. That’s the end of Chapter 5!
That’s all for Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.