Adventure Escape Mysteries – Painted Worlds
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This features an art dealer named Gary who finds himself trapped in a painting. This walkthrough guide will help you with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for any puzzles you get stuck on in Chapter 8 of Painted Worlds. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. We’re back at the cafe! Celeste has had the color drained from her. We need to find all the paint drops! Head inside the kitchen to find all six. Take the pot and place it on the stove. Also, notice the Recipe for Unsticking Formula.
2. Go back to Celeste and use the paintbrush to fill in the color. Talk to her and then take the key.
3. Go back to the kitchen and use the key to unlock the walk-in fridge. Head inside.
4. We have to find all the ingredients from the recipe to make the unsticking formula for the package stuck in the portal. First, pull out the cola box so you can step on it. Then, take the three sticks of butter, bottle of vegetable oil, jar of mayonnaise, bag of marshmallows, jar of grape jelly, and box cutters.
5. Go back to the kitchen and place all the ingredients in the pan. Then take the pan of purple goo and spread it on the package.
6. Take the package and place it on the table by Celeste. Then use the box cutters to open it. Take out the instructions and pour all the liquids into the test tubes.
7. We have to mix a potion. The instructions said to pour, mix, then drink. We need to pour from one tube to another until they look like the image in the upper left corner. It’s an annoying puzzle. But you can copy my video below.
8. Celeste will drink the potion, but it turns out there’s fine print that says she has to go to the world where she was born. Choose someone to turn the doorknob. You’ll eventually have to choose each of them, but I chose Gary first. It won’t open for him because he needs to tell Celeste what’s been happening with her art since she’s been gone. Read the note to get some information about where to place all her paintings. Then use them to place them correctly. It says:
“If a painting shows a musical instrument, don’t hang it on pink.
Flying creatures belong on the same wall.
If a painting has a blue sky, don’t hang it on green.
If a painting shows something sleeping, don’t hang it on the blue wall.
Don’t hang paintings of food on the pink or blue wall.
Ghosts and ghouls belong on the same wall.”
9. Tap on each of the people in the gallery to see what they think of Celeste’s work. Gary and Celeste will talk and he’ll clear his chest. Now he’s ready to go through.
10. Now choose either Celeste or Ruby to open the door. I chose Ruby first. It won’t open for her because she wants to bring her cat and sketchbook with her. First, use the paintbrush to fill in the rest of the scene, as well as the sailor’s wheel. Look at the note on the tree.
11. The note has a pink flower, green lily pad, white moon, and brown cattails. Look at the wheel and turn it so those colors point at those objects. It looks like this:
12. Note the number in the middle each time you turn the wheel put all four together and you get 6234. Go back to the treehouse and enter 6234 to unlock the wooden box. Then take the birdseed.
13. Pour the birdseed into the bird feeder. Whiskers the cat will come down. Pick her up, then head inside the treehouse.
14. Pick up the chalkboard eraser. Use the paintbrush to fill in the color on both sketches of birds. Also, look at the blackboard.
15. Use the eraser on the blackboard and you’ll have a few letters left over — R W M E O.
16. Look at the colors of each letter.
R = Blue
W = Orange
M = White
E = Yellow
O = Pink
Go to the the two sketches of birds and count up how many you see of each color. You get:
Blue = 5
Orange = 4
White = 1
Yellow = 2
Pink = 3
Put them in order and you get:
1 White = M
2 Yellow = E
3 Pink = O
4 Orange = W
5 Blue = R
So the code to unlock the locker is MEOWR! Enter that and take the sketchbook from inside.
17. Now Ruby is ready to go through the portal. We just need to work on Celeste first. Have her turn the knob.
18. Celeste is worried about Ruby surviving in the real world. So Ruby has to convince her she befriended the goo monster. Organize the panels so they tell the story.
19. Now they’re all ready to go through the portal. Turn the doorknob and go through. Ruby gets stuck in the painting, so pull her out. Then watch the ending!
And that’s the end of Painted Worlds. Congratulations!
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.