Adventure Escape Mysteries – Painted Worlds
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This features an art dealer named Gary who finds himself trapped in a painting. This walkthrough guide will help you with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for any puzzles you get stuck on in Chapter 8 of Painted Worlds. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
See all my other Adventure Escape guides here.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. We’re back at the cafe! Celeste has had the color drained from her. We need to find all the paint drops! Head inside the kitchen to find all six. Take the pot and place it on the stove. Also, notice the Recipe for Unsticking Formula.
2. Go back to Celeste and use the paintbrush to fill in the color. Talk to her and then take the key.
3. Go back to the kitchen and use the key to unlock the walk-in fridge. Head inside.
4. We have to find all the ingredients from the recipe to make the unsticking formula for the package stuck in the portal. First, pull out the cola box so you can step on it. Then, take the three sticks of butter, bottle of vegetable oil, jar of mayonnaise, bag of marshmallows, jar of grape jelly, and box cutters.
5. Go back to the kitchen and place all the ingredients in the pan. Then take the pan of purple goo and spread it on the package.
6. Take the package and place it on the table by Celeste. Then use the box cutters to open it. Take out the instructions and pour all the liquids into the test tubes.
7. We have to mix a potion. The instructions said to pour, mix, then drink. We need to pour from one tube to another until they look like the image in the upper left corner. It’s an annoying puzzle. But you can copy my video below.
8. Celeste will drink the potion, but it turns out there’s fine print that says she has to go to the world where she was born. Choose someone to turn the doorknob. You’ll eventually have to choose each of them, but I chose Gary first. It won’t open for him because he needs to tell Celeste what’s been happening with her art since she’s been gone. Read the note to get some information about where to place all her paintings. Then use them to place them correctly. It says:
“If a painting shows a musical instrument, don’t hang it on pink.
Flying creatures belong on the same wall.
If a painting has a blue sky, don’t hang it on green.
If a painting shows something sleeping, don’t hang it on the blue wall.
Don’t hang paintings of food on the pink or blue wall.
Ghosts and ghouls belong on the same wall.”
9. Tap on each of the people in the gallery to see what they think of Celeste’s work. Gary and Celeste will talk and he’ll clear his chest. Now he’s ready to go through.
10. Now choose either Celeste or Ruby to open the door. I chose Ruby first. It won’t open for her because she wants to bring her cat and sketchbook with her. First, use the paintbrush to fill in the rest of the scene, as well as the sailor’s wheel. Look at the note on the tree.
11. The note has a pink flower, green lily pad, white moon, and brown cattails. Look at the wheel and turn it so those colors point at those objects. It looks like this:
12. Note the number in the middle each time you turn the wheel put all four together and you get 6234. Go back to the treehouse and enter 6234 to unlock the wooden box. Then take the birdseed.
13. Pour the birdseed into the bird feeder. Whiskers the cat will come down. Pick her up, then head inside the treehouse.
14. Pick up the chalkboard eraser. Use the paintbrush to fill in the color on both sketches of birds. Also, look at the blackboard.
15. Use the eraser on the blackboard and you’ll have a few letters left over — R W M E O.
16. Look at the colors of each letter.
R = Blue
W = Orange
M = White
E = Yellow
O = Pink
Go to the the two sketches of birds and count up how many you see of each color. You get:
Blue = 5
Orange = 4
White = 1
Yellow = 2
Pink = 3
Put them in order and you get:
1 White = M
2 Yellow = E
3 Pink = O
4 Orange = W
5 Blue = R
So the code to unlock the locker is MEOWR! Enter that and take the sketchbook from inside.
17. Now Ruby is ready to go through the portal. We just need to work on Celeste first. Have her turn the knob.
18. Celeste is worried about Ruby surviving in the real world. So Ruby has to convince her she befriended the goo monster. Organize the panels so they tell the story.
19. Now they’re all ready to go through the portal. Turn the doorknob and go through. Ruby gets stuck in the painting, so pull her out. Then watch the ending!
And that’s the end of Painted Worlds. Congratulations!
This Post Has 31 Comments
It IS annoying. I’ve been waiting for your help.
ItΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s awful. I hate it.
The mix portion puzzle is annoying and i canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t view the solution video or skip. Stuck forever…..
Why canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t you skip? If I didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t need to make the walkthrough, I would have skipped it.
Yeah, used all my stars I had hoarded so far to skip over.
Worth it! Hell, youΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗d be better off playing one of the other games to earn stars just to skip this puzzle.
I was just wondering if you used maths to figure it out? I feel like you could but I donΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t have the necessary skills haha.
The marbles? I showed it to people smarter than I am and they didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t want anything to do with it lol.
That is literally the thing I did
Im stuck because i cannot paint the House…. i painted the wheel and house complete but it says “you ” have to finish the painting first”… i dont know what is wrong or what to do…. please help
IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m stuck here too
The same thing happened to me! Stuck… ):
I went to settings and did restart level. It went to the beginning of Ruby’s house and I painted it and it worked. Just restart the level, it won’t go to the beginning of chapter 8, don’t worry.
Do anyone feel a little unsatisfied with the ending? When Celeste said Ruby looked a little paled, I was kinda worried that there was going to be a problem with her being in the real world and that’s our next challenge. Idk maybe it’s just me but this story really is shorter than the others.
Agreed. I figured Ruby was the baby in the picture and wouldnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t exist in the real world. The ending felt weak, although it is a beautiful game.
For the marble puzzle
I used the above walkthrough for this.
1-extreme left tube
6-extreme right tube
43, 42, 41, 45, 65, 14, 54, 51, 36, 35, 23, 62, 35
63, 16, 21, 56, 25, 12, 65, 51, 25, 12, 62, 61, 16, 21, 42, 14, 31, 16, 26, 61, 63, 62, 16, 21, 32, 13, 21, 16, 36, 62, 21, 13, 63, 21, 16, 32, 21, 32, 42, 13, 21, 24, 23, 32, 42, 13, 21, 13, 51, 12, 23, 31, 12, 15
Thank you for the video.
(P.S. – 12 means 1 to 2)
Precisely what I was looking for – you’re an absolute star
I wish I had seen this before watching the video and writing it all out myself, would have saved a lot of time.
Thankyou. I was always stuck with one marble to go across.
Thank u you are a god sent
Legend! So nice with the numbers for the marbles.
Impossible itΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s so hard
I feel good now because I managed the marble puzzle without any help. I didn’t bother to count the number of moves I made but it must have been far more than the optimum solution.
I think there was only one I had to skip – I can’t tilt my PC! Of course I would still have been stuck somewhere near the beginning if it was not for your invaluable help!
Not my favourite game – I didn’t like the colouring.
I took one look at your marble video, and immediately skipped it, lol! Did anyone else beside me want Gary to wind up being RubyΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s dad? I loved the paintings and the game, but I do feel like it ended abruptly.
I know! The ending was so unsatisfying!
I’ve been meaning to say this forever, your walkthroughs are so perfect! Thanks to you I finally enjoyed all those haiku games! I love this genre but some puzzles can be so annoying!
why did the writing suddenly become bad in the last chapter? like the whole sequence after you get through the portal feels rushed and unfinished and kinda like a 10 year old wrote it, especially the “that’s Celeste/Celine” bit. the rest was well done and they threw away the ending…
Wow theres no way id have been able to do the marbles! And no undo makes it much harder you have to start again
I found the marbles to actually be rather easy, without viewing the walkthrough. Not sure why.
The one I found maddening was the hanging pictures on the colored walls in the gallery. The reasonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓòóI thought a ghoul counted as a flying creature, and therefore needed to be on the same wall as the butterflies and flying fish! Very poor for that to not be clarifiedΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼┬¼
Noor, thank you for the numbers. You are a diamond!
The concept of this story was interesting, but it had some of the worst puzzles I’ve seen yet in the Haiku Adventure Games. The ending was also weak, but that’s a problem a lot of their stories have too.