Adventure Escape Mysteries – Picture Perfect
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called Picture Perfect. You play as Detective Kate, who is on an assignment at the high-profile wedding of Chelsea and Dante when she runs into an old flame. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 5. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Before we head off to the bakery, Murphy has another chart to show us.
2. At the bakery, Ginger needs help before she’s willing to answer your questions. Find the two slices of cake and the key. Also, look at all the cakes around the room, as well as those inside the sample book.
3. Use the key to unlock the cabinet and get the knife. Use the knife to cut another slice of cake. Then go through the door to the next room.
4. Pick up the cooking spray, bowl, slice of cake, and four bottles of food coloring. Also, take a look at the list of the top selling cakes this month.
5. Go back to the other room and place all four slices of cake on the table. Now we have to figure out the cost of each slice of cake. Each layer costs either $0, $1, $2, $3 or $4. Let’s figure out some prices based on the first two slices that are in place.
The first slice has two brown layers and one pink layer and costs $3. So pink is $3 and brown is $0.
The next slice has two green layers and one yellow layer. So green costs $2 and yellow costs $1.
Now let’s figure out the rest:
Brown = $0
Yellow = $1
Green = $2
Pink = $3
Red = $4
Knowing all that, we can figure out the price of each slice of cake. So place them as shown below.
6. While here, use the cooking spray to lubricate the cabinets that are stuck and get the purple square cake platter.
7. Go back to Ginger and give her the cake platter. Now you have to move the cake to the purple platter, one layer at a time in the Cake Tower Puzzle. It’s like Towers of Hanoi.
8. Now Ginger needs help decorating the cake. But first, let’s unlock the freezer. Find each of the cakes listed on the top selling cakes list and count their tiers. So you get:
1. Whimsical Modern Chocolate Cake = 3
2. Royal Gold Cake = 5
3. Formal Spanish Lace Cake = 2
4. Purple Passion Cake = 5
5. Emerald Mint Cake = 4
6. Midnight Black Elegance Cake = 2
So the freezer code is 352542. Enter that to open it and take the frozen gum paste.
9. Fill the bowl up with some hot water from the water cooler and add the frozen gum paste. Then take the thawed gum paste from it.
10. Give Ginger the gum paste and the four bottles of food coloring and she’ll quickly make some flowers. Now we have to solve the Cake Decorating Puzzle. You need to make pairs of flowers. Tap to rotate piece. In the end, you want it to look like the image below.
11. Ginger explains how her fingerprint got on Dante’s phone and then asks you to leave out the back. So head out the back door to a room with her pet dog.
12. Pick up the drawer handle, super glue, and makeup remover. Also, look at the pictures on the bulletin board. Move the cake photo so you can see the photo of her dog with the top half of his name rage showing. Look at the other photo of the dog on the desk. Use the makeup remover to see the bottom half of his tag. Together, they spell out BORUS. There’s also a flyer for the Global Taste Fest and a locked cabinet with a globe next to it. They must be related! Also notice the reflection of the clocks in the mirror.
13. Use the super glue on the drawer and then attach the handle. Open the drawer and get the can opener.
14. Now we need to figure out the password using the festival flyer and the clocks. Find the time for each of the locations on the flyer:
Russia = Moscow = 9:00
USA = New York = 2:00
Italy = Rome = 8:00
Japan = Tokyo = 3:00
So the code is 9283. Enter that into the lock to open the cabinet.
15. Use the can opener to open a can of dog food and then pour it into the bowl to distract Borus. Then examine the purse on the couch.
16. Enter the dog’s name, BORUS, to unlock the purse. Then take the small key from inside and use it to open the door.
And that’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.