Adventure Escape Mysteries – Picture Perfect
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called Picture Perfect. You play as Detective Kate, who is on an assignment at the high-profile wedding of Chelsea and Dante when she runs into an old flame. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 8. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
See all my other Adventure Escape guides here.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Kate and Murphy will update the suspects chart. DJ Dee is the prime suspect now!
2. We need to locate Dee. Try to call her on her phone. You’ll reach her voicemail. Also, notice that her phone says, “Serving most major venues north of the river. See you on the dance floor!”
3. The radio is set to 120.9. Tap it to see the time is 9:05 PM and then again to see that the date is 7/10/2020. Then look at the map.
4. Tap on each venue to see when they’re open. Number 1 closed at 7PM, so they’re out. 3 is a kids’ birthday party venue, so she’s unlikely to be there. 4 and 5 are south of the river, so they’re out. 7 says no dancing allowed, so that’s out. 8 lists their DJ and it’s not Dee, so she won’t be there. 10 is closed in July, so that’s out.
So the most likely places she’d be are 2, 6 and 9. Enter 269 as the destinations.
5. Check the social media pages for each venue and then circle Dee’s face on the third. Looks like she’s at The Party Factory! You’ll automatically head there.
6. Some women think Murphy is the stripper they hired and one of them handcuffs herself to him! The key is in the ice sculpture, so we have to figure out how to get to it. First, open the closet and get the ladder. Then tap on the stairs to see the colors change three times. Take screenshots of each one or look at mine. Then look at the safe.
7. Count up how many times you see red, blue, green and yellow on the stairs:
Red = 4
Blue = 6
Green = 7
Yellow = 5
So enter 4675 into the first safe and open it. Take the lightbulb from inside.
8. Use the ladder to reach the the lightbulbs above and replace the missing one. Then examine the light switches to the left.
9. Notice that the lights change when you flip a switch. We need to see what it looks like for numbers 1 – 6. So first flip only 1 up, then only 2, then only 3, then 1 + 3, then 2 + 3, then 1 + 2 + 3. This is what you get:
Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Right
10. So for the next safe, press the buttons in that order: Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Right. Then take the sunglasses from inside.
11. Zoom in on the LET’S PARTY sign. Put on the sunglasses and drag them around until you see the numbers 1427 through the holes.
12. Tap on the safe again. And this time enter 1427 to unlock the third and final safe. Then take the small key.
13. Use the small key to unlock the ice sculpture display case. Then take the ice heart and melt it in the fire to get the golden key. And finally, use it to unlock the handcuffs.
14. Now we have to move Kate through the building to the room where DJ Dee is DJing, but we have to do it within 17 moves. You can watch my video if you need help.
15. First, pop all the balloons. Then turn off all three speakers so the people will leave.
16. Grab the remote and use it to turn off the fogger.
17. Now for the confetti. First, read the confetti blaster manual on the floor.
18. The machine on the right is a Basic Blaster and has only one button, so press it for 11 seconds to turn it off. The two-button machine is a Blaster Deluxe, so press both buttons together for 9 seconds. The light will turn red for each of you got it right.
19. Pull the rope to open the curtain and reveal a door. It’s locked, so pick up the bronze key and use it to open it. Go through.
20. Dee escapes up a ladder. Murphy tried to follow, but the ladder falls apart. We have to fix it! First, find the two ladder rungs and plant clippers. Also, notice all the graffiti around the place, including by the steam valves. One says TONRAK, another says ARCHON, another says ARCHON and JACE, and another says FISE and TONRAK.
21. Use the plant clippers to cut the tarp and reveal more graffiti — JACE and FISE. Also, use the clippers to cut the plants and get a small key.
22. Use the small key to open the locked chest. Take the two ladder rungs from inside. Also, notice the graffiti that says LATVIAN and TONRAK. There are also symbols that match the symbols on the valves.
23. Let’s shut off the steam. Go back to the valves and use the clue you found to figure out which way to turn each valve. You can copy my video below.
24. Now we want to enter the shed, but there’s a lock on the door. There’s a clue that has the word OLD faded with the word NEW over it with an arrow pointing right. It’s telling you how to determine which graffiti is oldest and newest and that that’s the order for the passcode. So let’s work this out.
ARCHON is older than JACE
JACE is older than FISE
FISE is older than TONRAK
TONRAK is older than LATVIAN
Now organize the according to age.
ARCHON –> JACE –> FISE –> TONRAK –> LATVIAN
Take the first letter of each of them and you get A J F T L. So enter AJFTL into the lock to open it. Then enter the shed.
25. Take the welding kit and the ladder rung from the shed.
26. Place the ladder rungs on the ladder and then use the welding kit to secure them. Then head after Dee!
27. Now we have to chase Dee and prevent her from getting to an exit. Let’s solve the Hot Pursuit puzzle! Use Kate and Murphy to block the exits so she can’t escape! Basically, she turns at every opportunity and keep moving in her original direction until she reaches an exit. You need to predict which exits she would reach. It changes each game or if you mess up, and there are six possible starting points for each round. If all else fails, keep trying but note down her path in each attempt. Then you can be prepared if that starting position comes up again. But here are a couple of solutions for the first round:
And the second:
28. Dee is on the roof. Just tap your way through the ending. And that’s the end of the game! Congratulations!
This Post Has 63 Comments
LOVE THESE GAMES IM ADDICTED, PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING. Thanks
Why would you guys leave a chapter half finished??? AAAAH I’M FREAKING OUTTTT
For the graffiti part, how did you know who was older?
The old one covered with the new
I love these games as well, but would have to give up on many of them if you didn’t help me from time to time! As I don’t use a touchscreen I have to skip some of the puzzles, so my star total took a hammering on this game.
Im stuck at blaster part. Its not happening please help
For me, I counted 1 Mississippi to 9 Mississippi.
Count slow 1 1000 2 1000 if fast wont take
I have hold the button for 11 secs and 9 secs but nothing happen. It still yellow. Any idea why?
Start your stopwatch on your phone, itΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s that precise, annoyingly precise.
It doesnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t go off until you let it go again.
it works try again it worked for me
try the one with 1 button for 11sec and the other with 2 buttonsfor 9sec
Allo scadere dei secondi lascia il pulsante
Finished the game. My thoughts………..the game went by too fast also there is an awful lot of dialogue between characters to wade thru. If that dialogue held more clues it would pique my interest, slow it down idk might ruin it who knows.
How do you predict where DJ Dee is going to? There is too many variations
ItΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s pretty easy Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γòó she always takes the next turn. But you have to work it out really fast.
There are exactly 2 variations each time. 1 on the left and one on the right.
I don’t have Kate and Murphy in the game so I can’t block the exits
Is there a way to NOT guess trying to capture DJ Dee on the roof?
You can go by the instructions given. ThatΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s what I did in my video. ItΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s just tricky because it doesnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t give you a lot of time to work it out.
Last maze CH 8 answers
Top row is 1. Bottom row is 6.
5 ? (1 or 4)
2 ? (1 or 4?
IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m on Ch. 8-confetti puzzle. I have read the manual on the floor and pushed the buttons accordingly, but nothing happens. HELP!!
I got the Basic Blaster done. I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t get the Blaster Blaster.
I got it╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉΓö£Γò¥
I don’t understand the steam valves on the roof at all
I just followed the symbols shown in the chest. The last symbol just solves itself after two turns so I dunno whatΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s with that one,
Just got that: one symbol in the chest is correct, the other is a reflection; set the symbol as its CORRECT image on the valves, and you’re set! Woo 🙂
Last maze CH 8 answers
Top row is 1. Bottom row is 6.
Kate – Dee – Murphy
6 – 1 – 6
5 – 2 – 5
1 – 3 – 4
3 – 4 – 2
2 – 5 – 3
1 – 6 – 1
1 – 1 – 3
2 – 2 – 2
4 – 3 – 5
3 – 4 – 4
6 – 5 – 6
5 – 6 – 1
6 – 1 – 5
5 – 2 – ? (1 or 4)
4 – 3 – 6
1 – 4 – 3
3 – 5 – 2
2 – 6 – ? (1 or 4)
If only I had seen this before doing it all myself as well, darn it lol. And the ones that are unfinished are 5-2-4 and 2-6-1
The one with Trying to catch DJ Dee is so difficult, I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t figure out which way both of them are suppose to be with the amount of time I have :/ do I just keep starting the puzzle over until I get the variations you screenshotted?
Hey. thanks for the solution! I thought I might help with the last part, so spoiler alert, I guess. I’m very bad at this kind of maze games, so I decided to brute-force the game, and made a chart for each round until I won. so here goes. K is for Kate, D for the DJ, M for Murphy. the numbers are the exit/starting rows.
round 1: round 2: round 3:
K D M K D M K D M
6 1 6 1 1 3 6 1 5
5 2 5 2 2 2 5 2 4
1 3 4 4 3 5 4 3 ?
3 4 2 3 4 4 ? 4 3
2 5 3 6 5 6 ? 5 2
4 6 1 5 6 1 2 6 ?
for the question marks on the third round, I’ve noticed that there one exit corresponds only to one starting point. so the exit would be “431 or 436” “143 or 343” “152 or 352” and “261 or 266”. hope that helps, and feel free to make it clearer to offer it in your walkthrough.
I did a similar thing my results were:
K D M
6 1 6
5 2 5
1 3 4
3 4 2
2 5 3
4 6 1
K D M
1 1 3
2 2 2
4 3 5
3 4 4
6 5 6
5 6 1
K D M
6 1 5
5 2 4
4 3 6
1 4 3
3 5 2
2 6 1
This helped me so freaking much. It’s nerve wrecking seeing if she will take a different path.
Thank you, thank you! I didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t think IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗d ever get through it.
Thank you so much!!! I didn’t think I was ever going to pass that.
Ohmygod. THANK YOUUU I thought I would NEVER finish this. This was soo aggravating. The last fight. Overall everything was great. I loved the key hunting. Finding the party. I mean. Thank you.
How could it be possible that she wouldnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t allways use the same route or use the same path? In round 3 as in the rounds 1and 2. If you look the picture at this page, it is obvious for example that the correct answer is 436, and couldnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t be 431.
I can’t get the confetti blasters. I’ve tried Mississippi, I’ve used a timer, and they still won’t turn off. What am I doing wrong?
Hold the button down for 10 seconds
On the first one press and hold for nine seconds and then let go. On the second one press and hold them both for 11 seconds and then let them go. I just counted roughly in my head. I was expecting them to switch off after the right amount of time. But they didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t do it until I let go.
How do you zoom in on the ‘let’s party’ sign?
Just tap on it but make sure you donΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t have any items selected or it wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t work.
On my phone it would not zoom. Period (android phone).
guys am i the only one who ships murphy and kate together sooo much
ooh me too!!!!
Ive been saying that for years!╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉΓö£├æ
On the confetti part. It keeps saying let’s pop all the balloons first. I don’t see anymore balloons to pop. What am I missing?
I came across the same thing. I had to hit settings and selected to restart the level. It didn’t cost me a key to go back in thankfully. It worked the 2nd time correctly. I’m sure you already figured yours out but maybe this will help someone.
So…. Dante’s killer is DJ Dee?
it’s so crazy, right?! ╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉ╬ô├╗├┤
i kinda feel bad for DJ Dee n her lil sister╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£├ª╬ô├╗├┤
I HATE the hot persuit thing, it’s so annoying and I don’t have enough stars to skip it.╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉΓö£┬í╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉ╬ô├«├ë
Did you get through?
The sunglasses stumped me, because my phone wouldn’t let me zoom in on the sign. I figured that would be the clue, and I tried it several times, then came here for help. I found the answer (thanks!!!) and then gave it one more try. I had to close the game and try it again to get the zoom to work. Idk if it was my phone or the game acting up.
i made a little chart for people who are confused about the last puzzle! its a bit unfinished but i got the majority of it. it goes top to bottom.
starting point 6 – kate 4, murphy 1
starting point 4 – kate 3, murphy 2
starting point 2 – murphy 5, kate 5
starting point 1 – murphy 6, kate 6
starting point 3 – kate 1, murphy 4
starting poing 5 – kate 2
starting point 1 – kate 1, murphy 3
starting point 4 – kate 3, murphy 4
starting point 5 – murphy 6, kate 6
starting point 3 – murphy 5
starting point 2 – murphy 2, kate 2
starting point 6 – murphy 1
starting point 5 – kate 3
starting point 3 – murphy 6
starting point 6 – kate 2, murphy 1
starting point 1 – kate 6
This is my list of patterns. The first number refers to Kate and the middle one refers to Dee and the last one refers to Murphy
how can i push both buttons at the same time on the deluxe blaster
I’m playing on a laptop, and I can’t do it either. I guess I’m going to have to spend some of my Stars to skip it 🙁
How do you turn off the confetti blasters when playing this game on a Mac?
You can use the 1 and 2 keys on the keyboard, like in the bicycle mini-game in a previous chapter