Adventure Escape Mysteries – Picture Perfect
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called Picture Perfect. You play as Detective Kate, who is on an assignment at the high-profile wedding of Chelsea and Dante when she runs into an old flame. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 8. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Kate and Murphy will update the suspects chart. DJ Dee is the prime suspect now!
2. We need to locate Dee. Try to call her on her phone. You’ll reach her voicemail. Also, notice that her phone says, “Serving most major venues north of the river. See you on the dance floor!”
3. The radio is set to 120.9. Tap it to see the time is 9:05 PM and then again to see that the date is 7/10/2020. Then look at the map.
4. Tap on each venue to see when they’re open. Number 1 closed at 7PM, so they’re out. 3 is a kids’ birthday party venue, so she’s unlikely to be there. 4 and 5 are south of the river, so they’re out. 7 says no dancing allowed, so that’s out. 8 lists their DJ and it’s not Dee, so she won’t be there. 10 is closed in July, so that’s out.
So the most likely places she’d be are 2, 6 and 9. Enter 269 as the destinations.
5. Check the social media pages for each venue and then circle Dee’s face on the third. Looks like she’s at The Party Factory! You’ll automatically head there.
6. Some women think Murphy is the stripper they hired and one of them handcuffs herself to him! The key is in the ice sculpture, so we have to figure out how to get to it. First, open the closet and get the ladder. Then tap on the stairs to see the colors change three times. Take screenshots of each one or look at mine. Then look at the safe.
7. Count up how many times you see red, blue, green and yellow on the stairs:
Red = 4
Blue = 6
Green = 7
Yellow = 5
So enter 4675 into the first safe and open it. Take the lightbulb from inside.
8. Use the ladder to reach the the lightbulbs above and replace the missing one. Then examine the light switches to the left.
9. Notice that the lights change when you flip a switch. We need to see what it looks like for numbers 1 – 6. So first flip only 1 up, then only 2, then only 3, then 1 + 3, then 2 + 3, then 1 + 2 + 3. This is what you get:
Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Right
10. So for the next safe, press the buttons in that order: Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Right. Then take the sunglasses from inside.
11. Zoom in on the LET’S PARTY sign. Put on the sunglasses and drag them around until you see the numbers 1427 through the holes.
12. Tap on the safe again. And this time enter 1427 to unlock the third and final safe. Then take the small key.
13. Use the small key to unlock the ice sculpture display case. Then take the ice heart and melt it in the fire to get the golden key. And finally, use it to unlock the handcuffs.
14. Now we have to move Kate through the building to the room where DJ Dee is DJing, but we have to do it within 17 moves. You can watch my video if you need help.
15. First, pop all the balloons. Then turn off all three speakers so the people will leave.
16. Grab the remote and use it to turn off the fogger.
17. Now for the confetti. First, read the confetti blaster manual on the floor.
18. The machine on the right is a Basic Blaster and has only one button, so press it for 11 seconds to turn it off. The two-button machine is a Blaster Deluxe, so press both buttons together for 9 seconds. The light will turn red for each of you got it right.
19. Pull the rope to open the curtain and reveal a door. It’s locked, so pick up the bronze key and use it to open it. Go through.
20. Dee escapes up a ladder. Murphy tried to follow, but the ladder falls apart. We have to fix it! First, find the two ladder rungs and plant clippers. Also, notice all the graffiti around the place, including by the steam valves. One says TONRAK, another says ARCHON, another says ARCHON and JACE, and another says FISE and TONRAK.
21. Use the plant clippers to cut the tarp and reveal more graffiti — JACE and FISE. Also, use the clippers to cut the plants and get a small key.
22. Use the small key to open the locked chest. Take the two ladder rungs from inside. Also, notice the graffiti that says LATVIAN and TONRAK. There are also symbols that match the symbols on the valves.
23. Let’s shut off the steam. Go back to the valves and use the clue you found to figure out which way to turn each valve. You can copy my video below.
24. Now we want to enter the shed, but there’s a lock on the door. There’s a clue that has the word OLD faded with the word NEW over it with an arrow pointing right. It’s telling you how to determine which graffiti is oldest and newest and that that’s the order for the passcode. So let’s work this out.
ARCHON is older than JACE
JACE is older than FISE
FISE is older than TONRAK
TONRAK is older than LATVIAN
Now organize the according to age.
ARCHON –> JACE –> FISE –> TONRAK –> LATVIAN
Take the first letter of each of them and you get A J F T L. So enter AJFTL into the lock to open it. Then enter the shed.
25. Take the welding kit and the ladder rung from the shed.
26. Place the ladder rungs on the ladder and then use the welding kit to secure them. Then head after Dee!
27. Now we have to chase Dee and prevent her from getting to an exit. Let’s solve the Hot Pursuit puzzle! Use Kate and Murphy to block the exits so she can’t escape! Basically, she turns at every opportunity and keep moving in her original direction until she reaches an exit. You need to predict which exits she would reach. It changes each game or if you mess up, and there are six possible starting points for each round. If all else fails, keep trying but note down her path in each attempt. Then you can be prepared if that starting position comes up again. But here are a couple of solutions for the first round:
And the second:
28. Dee is on the roof. Just tap your way through the ending. And that’s the end of the game! Congratulations!