By: NEXON Company
I don’t play too many free-to-play games these days, mostly because I don’t want to be constantly reminded while playing that buying my way ahead is an option. I just want to play a game and leave my wallet behind. Occasionally something just looks so good, though, that I have to try it. The latest such game is Nexon Mobile’s action RPG, Darkness Rises. I was tempted by both the gorgeous “console-quality” graphics and the promise of riding a fire-breathing dragon. And it delivered on both accounts, within the first half hour.
I’ve already spent a few hours with the game and I’m surprised how generous it’s been with the currency. I’m not sure why anyone would spend money at the rate it showers me with coins, gems and loot. That said, I’ve been sticking to the story and the single-player campaign. I only played one match against another player and lost. Perhaps that’s where all the IAPs come in, as you may need to buy an edge against your opponents. I’m not worried about that right now, and may just stop playing once I get through the story. For now, I’m just having fun hacking and slashing at these enemies with impressive animations and creature designs.
While the pop-ups for daily deals can be a tad annoying, I think it’s a small price to pay for playing a game of this quality for free. I’m glad there are no timers or energy limits, at least not that I’ve noticed. Only the gold dungeon is limited, which makes sense. Bottom line is, this seems to be one of those instances where a free-to-play game is actually worth playing. So give it a try and download it here. You can also watch my videos below, which I’ll be adding to as I progress.
Tips and Tricks:
– In order to progress with the story, you need to make your way through the Player VS Everyone (PVE) campaign. Each time you hit a milestone, another chapter will unlock.
– The single player campaign is fairly easy if you just make sure to upgrade your skills and stats as you level up and earn the ingredients necessary.
– Keep an eye out for red dots in the menus. They alert you to new gear, completed missions, skills that can be upgraded, and so much more. Make sure you collect everything you can!
– Accept missions for extra gold, gems, experience and loot.
– Check in every day for bonuses.
– Make sure to enhance your better equipment using your older equipment to make it stronger.
– If you start a game with more than one character slot, you get a stat bonus.
– The game is incredibly generous with currencies and items of you just pay attention and collect everything. But you may need to spend money to compete with other players.
– Just have fun!
More coming soon!
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.