Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker 3 The Final Trap
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This is the sequel to Trapmaker and Trapmaker 2 and is called Trapmaker 3 – The Final Trap. In the first game, we discovered that Frank Dietch is the Trapmaker! In the second game, we visited his childhood home and learned more about him. In the end, Detective Kate Gray’s friends got kidnapped! Will Kate finally catch him after he got away? Let’s find out in the conclusion to the trilogy! This walkthrough guide will help you with answers and solutions for all the puzzles in Chapter 5. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 here or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Answer the phone. It’s Trapmaker again. This area seems to be about hypnotism. We need to find Keiko!
2. Pick up the mirror and the Allen wrench.
3. Use the Allen wrench to remove the metal frame in the back. It’s a clue! Notice that if you draw a line down the center of the artwork, it looks like letters: VYXWTU. Place the mirror on the raised platform. Also, place the frame down over the painting on the left for another clue.
4. Tap on the raised platform. Now, just make the letters VYXWTU, from top to bottom.
5. Now we can see Keiko in some sensory deprivation cage where she can’t see or hear us!
6. Go through the back to the other room. Use the hex wrench to disassemble the table and pick up the pieces. Grab the light bulb from the floor. Also, notice the clue for the black & white puzzle.
7. Let’s solve the black & white rotating puzzle. Match it to the pattern below it. You can copy my video or my numbered screenshot. For the screenshot, just rotate the main tiles as shown and then rotate all the corner pieces.
8. Take the other light bulb. Place the table parts on the checkerboard on the wall. Count the white squares in each section and you get 4 5 2. Enter those numbers into the floor combination lock. You’ll fall in!
9. Press the green button. For this puzzle, Kate and Penny take turns moving. They can’t both stand on the same color tile, but they do have to stand on the same colored button. It’s a tricky one! Work on the two yellow buttons first.
After Kate’s 9th step, they’ll both automatically go to the buttons.
Now the other one:
10. The power is restored! Go back to the other room and screw in the lightbulbs. Change the colors to match those on the phone behind Trapmaker. You can call him again if you need to see it again. It goes Pink Blue Green. The eye opens!
11. Look at the eye for a clue to unlock Keiko’s box.
12. Now, use the clue inside the circles on the left and the eye clue figure out how to unlock the box. The circles show you which section to focus on for each segment.
13. Oh no! He trapped us in a box! It’s a weird hall of mirrors. Tap on the floor. We have to unscramble the image of Trapmaker in four moves. You can just copy my solution below. Then you can escape!
That’s all for Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.