Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker 3 The Final Trap
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This is the sequel to Trapmaker and Trapmaker 2 and is called Trapmaker 3 – The Final Trap. In the first game, we discovered that Frank Dietch is the Trapmaker! In the second game, we visited his childhood home and learned more about him. In the end, Detective Kate Gray’s friends got kidnapped! Will Kate finally catch him after he got away? Let’s find out in the conclusion to the trilogy! This walkthrough guide will help you with answers and solutions for all the puzzles in Chapter 8. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 here or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Answer the phone. Then pick up the four pieces of duct tape and the metal pipe. Read the three parts of the note.
2. Use the metal pipe to open the metal panel. Use the duct tape to fix the four wires and turn on all the TVs.
3. Now, tap on each screen and change the scene to match order in which it happened. Trapmaker’s note can help you. It should look like the screenshot below in the end.
4. Go through the door. Time for the Tile Tunnel puzzle! We have to get all four people to the exit without any of them stepping on the same colors tiles at the same time. If you mess up, you have to start the whole thing over, so be careful. You can copy my order below. It’s a little messy because of the four people.
5. Uhhh looks like Kate fell into a giant bear trap? Talk to Trapmaker. You need to answer his questions.
Q: What do think I want, Kate?
A: You want to rule the world.
Q: I have so many big ideas, Kate. Don’t you want to see more?
A: You’re smart. I’ll give you that. But you’re evil.
Q: I need a partner. Someone who thinks like I do. Someone like you.
A: We might think alike, but do you honestly think I’d partner with you?
Q: Join me. Or turn me down, and I’ll leave you here to die.
A: I know you won’t kill me. Just let me go.
6. Now he leaves and you have to figure a way out. Pick up the five metal pieces. Use the metal pipe to reach the ones that are too far away. Then add them to the metal panel.
7. Solve the metal puzzle. That deactivated the bear trap. You can step off now.
8. Pick up the USB cables. Also, notice the pink and turquoise stripes on the bear trap. They’re a clue for opening the door.
9. Look at the keypad by the door. Notice the lights go pink/turquoise/pink/turquoise/pink. There are also five sets of colored teeth on the trap. So for the first one use the pink, for the second use the turquoise, and so on. You get:
Pink = 1
Turquoise = 2
Pink = 4
Turquoise = 1
Pink = 2
Now enter 12412 into the keypad to unlock it. Go through the door.
10. Oh no! Smart Chompers are blocking our path! Plug in the USB cables and smash the left light to get a key.
11. Go back to the previous room and use the key to unlock the…. trash closet? Take the blueprints, fried chicken and half-eaten pizza. Look at the blueprints.
12. Go back to the chompers and feed one the chicken and one the pizza. Then pick them up and attach them to the other ends of the USB cables.
13. Now tap on the screen. Let’s use the blueprints to figure out the passcode. Basically, just look for the number 1 and find the top and bottom halves, then change the first shape of the passcode to that. Then do the same for 2, 3 and 4. It should look like the image below.
14. Set the Smart Chompers attack target to Trapmaker and the Chomp Strength to strong bite. Then press OK. They’ll start to head after him.
15. Now we have to catch Trapmaker! He’s not very smart, so it’s not too hard.
Then watch the ending! It seems Trapmaker has been locked in a prison of his own design, so it might not be the last we see of him!