The Eyes of Ara
By: 100 Stones Interactive
100 Stones Interactive recently brought their PC and console adventure game, The Eyes of Ara, to iOS and Android devices. If you like The Room series, you’ll feel right at home here, though it does involve more searching for hidden items. There are some tricky puzzles and points that can be confusing, so I’m going to try and help you out with this walkthrough guide. This section will take you through Chapter 2, including all collectibles. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Tutorial | Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Part 1 | Chapter 2 Part 2 | Chapter 2 Part 3 | Chapter 2 Part 4 | Chapter 2 Part 5 | Chapter 2 Part 6 | Chapter 3 | Epilogue | All Letters
Chapter 2, Memories of Times Past:
Chapter 2: 3/3 Warrior Figurines, 30/30 Coins, 2/2 Blue Orbs, 8/8 Photos, 1/1 Painting
Chapter 1: 1/1 Painting, 3 Coins (Scroll to the bottom for these.)
Also: 1 Gargoyle Head (scroll to the bottom for this), 6 Book Excerpts, 11 Letters, 3 Posters, 2 Computer Logs
1. Find the clue on the bookshelf near the lamp.
2. Read the journal entry on the table. Also, grab the item that looks like a watch from the pedestal and find the two coins in a bowl.
3. Open the closet to the left and get another item that looks like a watch. Combine the two pieces and rotate one to make a cross.
4. Head to the gate around the staircase and place the cross in the lock to open the door. Go upstairs.
5. Look at the Eskimo Nebula poster on the table in front of you. Also, look at the rolled up poster about the Medusa Nebula.
6. Turn to the left table. Look at the Edge of Infinity book and the poster about the Gemini Twins.
7. There’s an orange button on a shield. You can press it, but it doesn’t do anything yet.
8. Look behind you for a photo.
9. Open the closet behind you for a clue.
10. Also, look at the top of the beam above the closet and change the symbol to the top one on the clue you just found, the Taurus symbol.
11. Arrange the Capricorn symbol properly on the cabinet to the left of the closet and grab three more coins.
12. The beam across the room has a combination lock on it. Enter the number from the Eskimo Nebula poster: 2392. Then change the symbol to the one inside a box on the clue from the closet, another Taurus.
13. Now for the last two beams. The one to the left of the closet looks like a meteor and the one to the right of the closet is an Aquarius symbol.
14. Go down the newly available staircase. Lots going on here! Take a look at the clue on this door to the left. You can’t open the door yet.
15. The door next to it is open, so go through to the bathroom. Open the closet to find a photo and look at the birds painting on the wall for a clue.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.
Tutorial | Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Part 1 | Chapter 2 Part 2 | Chapter 2 Part 3 | Chapter 2 Part 4 | Chapter 2 Part 5 | Chapter 2 Part 6 | Chapter 3 | Epilogue
This Post Has 19 Comments
A small hint to add to your walkthrough, log out of the computer to find some collectibles from the first chapter!
To get the yellow orb you must enter the room w/ the symbols carved on the door. Once inside turn and face the door, to the left is a rotation puzzle that has the same image as the painting w/ the orb and the dots to light up. Rotate the images on the painting till it matches the painting w/ the orb. 3 dots will light up to show you which to turn on at the yellow orb. Go back to yellow orb, light the 3 dots. The yellow orb rotates into the wall so you canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t get it. Go back to room w/ symbols carved on door and collect the yellow orb from the painting in that room.
I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t find the third yellow orb! I got the one in the painting, and the one from the chandelier. WhereΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s the third????
OneΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s in the chest on the table.
How to add cheat codes?
I have a question… If you don’t get all the coins on a level will it allow you to go back and find the ones you are missing?! Or was Chapter 2 only meant to have 27 out of 30 like Chapter 1?! Because I’m missing 3 coins and I tried to go back to the spot I thought they were after reading your tutorial but it wouldn’t let me back up on the wardrobe to check…
You can always go back and look. You shouldnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t be locked out of any areas that still have collectibles.
I went back through your tutorial step by step and there are only 3 spots that contain 3 coins. I think it is step 11, step 33, and step 41. None of them will allow me to access those spots. Well the code book but the coins were below that shelf. Oh well lesson learned… i will just have to replay chapter 2. Thanks for your lovely walkthroughs. They have been a total saver for me. Although I did figure out some of the puzzles on my own… 🙂
Ok nevermind… I found it after seeing your graphic below the step 11
When I get to the wall where the bricks stick out, mine are not sticking out. I cannot interact with them at all. I’ve gone through all of Ch.2 once again up to that point, thinking I had to have missed a step along the way. But it appears I didn’t miss anything. Now what? Does anyone know what I can do or re-do to get those bricks to interact?
In fact this is my 2nd attempt to play the game. The first time, I got hung up in Ch.3 in a similar way…the blue flashing lights on the cable up in the projector room weren’t lit, and when I went to the computer with the dragon on the screen, it was offline. I retraced my steps there too and saw nothing missed. So I stopped that game at that point to start completely over.
And now I’m hung up at the brick wall in this 2nd game I’ve attempted. It becomes frustrating to trace and retrace steps, trying to find my error over and over. I’m about to give up. I’ve obviously missed a crucial step in both attempts.
If anybody can shed some light on these two issues I would appreciate it.
Don’t I feel stupid! The blocks would not interact because I was trying to do it on the adjoining wall. It looked the same in the middle of the night.
So I’m now starting Ch.3 again. There must be something I missed. I’ll try but if you have any ideas where I could find my problem and fix it, I would appreciate. Thanks for listening to me grumble.
Android system. I find an collected all 3 yellow orbs in chapter 2. However,. When I went to the twin constellation I only had Two orbs. All three sites are now locked Andi can’t manipulate them.
I can’t get the 2nd horse/Indian puzzle to work in chapter two (Mother’s Room). It will not transform like the 1st puzzle did.
So frustrated. IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m missing 1 coin from chapter 2 and I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t figure out where it is. IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗ve gone through the steps twice but I could be missing as IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m getting frustrated. All the ones in The walkthrough I seem to not be able to get back to so IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m assuming I have already collected in those spots. Any advice?
If your having difficulty on the ceiling tiles in the android version try this order of turning the tiles 1-4-5-2-3-6.
Never mind on the photo….found it courtesy of an attic key.
I arrived at the finale room and have collected all photos, figurines, coins(it says I’m missing 5?) and orbs. But the Ara constellation on the stone door is missing one orb and I have no idea why. I know its supposed to open so I can finish the game but it’s not budging.
I played the game twice. I still can’t find the 3rd yellow orb on ch 2, eyes of ara. Got the chandelier, and the round puzzle. You say it’s in the chest on the table, but which room?
To find the 3rd yellow orb, go to the small table on the right of the hallway, where the window is. There is a place for the lever you just found. Use it and the box on the table will open, giving you the last yellow orb.