Adventure Escape: Dark Ruins
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game, which picks up after the events in Hidden Ruins. Professor Burns and Rachel are back, and are likely going to get themselves into trouble. There are some tricky puzzles, so this walkthrough guide will help out with hints, tips, solutions and answers. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 5, The Ballcourt:
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. You’re back with Professor Burns and Rachel again. Tap on some of the leaves to get rid of them and reveal more of the area. Pick up the branch, the morning glories, and the snake carving.
2. Use the branch to get the other snake carving.
3. Add the two snake carvings to the puzzle on the rock. They’ll act as arrows. You need to use them to get the colored balls to their goals. This is the order to press: RRRRRRLRRRRLLRLLRR
4. Enter the cave. Turn on the light. Pick up the winch handle and move some coins to reveal a stone mold.
5. Add the winch handle to the winch, which will drop a case holding….enchiladas? Take back the winch handle.
6. Remove the gold pile to the right. Look at the painting of the Storm Goddess. Notice she’s holding or pointing to different things with each hand. Look at the map and number each of them based on the symbols on the map.
7. Now, tap on the lock on the door and press the buttons in the order from 1 – 8 that you got from the goddess painting. Go through.
8. Feed the gator at the bottom the enchilada so he’ll leave.
9. Now, to solve the gators puzzle. First, form a path from the starting diamond to the center platform. After that, form a path from the center platform to the far diamond. Drag to move stones. Tap to rotate them. Stones cannot be on alligators. Adjacent stones must have the same symbol to continue the path. You can follow my images below.
10. Place the winch handle on the holder on the left wall (or on the tree) and take the padlock key. Also, grab the ladder.
11. Remove the leaves to the left and look at the mural. Take the tree tapper and also tap on different parts of the mural to find out what the triangle symbol means. It represents 2 seconds. So together with the mountains (2) and stairs (4) symbols, you can determine that need to first let the flowers sit in the mold for 4 seconds, then add the latex and let it settle for 8 seconds.
12. Place the ladder over the unstable ground to see the right mural. It explains what you need to do to open the gate.
13. Go back inside and use the key to open the padlocked box. Take the shield and bowl from inside. Use the ladder to get to the ballcourt hoop. Take the ladder back.
14. Head back through the cave entrance and use the ladder to get access to five colored glyphs. Make note of the symbols and translate them using the map.
Blue – Fish – 1
Red – Mountains – 2
Green – Skull – 3
Pink – Stairs – 4
Yellow – Palm Tree – 5
Take the ladder back when you’re done.
15. Place the bowl by the tree and use the tapper to get some sap from it. Take the bowl of sap.
16. Go back inside. Follow the instructions we saw on the first mural. Place the flowers in the mold. Close it for about 4 seconds. Then open the mold again and add the bowl of sap/latex. Wait about 8 seconds and open it again. You should now have a rubber ball! (The debugging text was left in the game by accident, so for now you can use it to help you.)
17. Go back to the ball court. Use the ladder to see the right mural again. Together with the colored glyphs, you now know the order to throw the ball through the hoops. It goes:
1 – Blue Jaguar (Cat)
2 – Red Dolphin
3 – Green Bird
4 – Pink Snake
5 – Yellow Alligator
18. First, place the snake hoop back on the wall. The Alligator hoop is crooked, so throwing the ball straight at it won’t work. If you don’t want to have to start the whole mini game again when you realize that. Put the shield over the patch of dirt before starting. Then, just throw the ball through the hoops in the right order — Jaguar, Dolphin, Bird, Snake, Alligator. You do so by stopping the left/right and up/down arrows at the right moment. For the Alligator, hit the shield and watch it bounce off and into the hoop.
19. The gate will open, but Rachel and Professor Burns will fall through a hole! That’s the end of the chapter.
Click on the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 6.