Adventure Escape: Dark Ruins
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game, which picks up after the events in Hidden Ruins. Professor Burns and Rachel are back, and are likely going to get themselves into trouble. There are some tricky puzzles, so this walkthrough guide will help out with hints, tips, solutions and answers. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 3, The Cave:
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Now you need to drag the phone camera around the screen to light the wall symbols in the right order. Once you see which symbols are in the room, look at the map to see what order they should go in. It goes: Fish, Mountains, Skull, Stairs, Palm Tree.
2. Take a look at the arrows clue on the ground. They’re instructions for how to tilt the four stone pillars/stalagmites. Notice the slices in each stalagmite. Those tell you which number they are. So it goes 1, 3, 4, 2. Count each of the columns of arrows and then point each column in the direction those arrows pointed. I’m not sure I explained it so well, but you can copy what I did if you’re still having trouble. Then go through the new opening in the wall.
3. Pick up the wood. Also, look at the symbols on the stairs.
4. Go back and use the wood to knock the skeleton off the locked chest you need to access. Look at the symbols on the steps again. It’s the story of the Storm Goddess falling to Earth. Each column shows the shape/symbol morphing into something else. Basically, just count the number of legs/wings/lines, whatever they are, in each column. You then get 6898. Enter that into the locked chest to open it. Take the jade mask and axe handle.
5. Use the axe handle to wipe away the blood inside the chest. Then use the axe handle with the axe head to make an axe.
6. Go back to the other room and use the axe to cut down the banner and get a fabric rope.
7. Go back to the skeleton and tie the banner to his sword hilt. Then pick up the makeshift grappling hook.
8. Go back to the other room and use the grappling hook to climb up to the goddess statue.
9. Use the axe to cut through all the vines. Place the jade mask on the statue and place all the vine pieces in the rest of the slots. You need to make sure all the vines you use have either stars or circles on them (the clue was in the previous room). The room floods!
10. Pick up the skull disc and the two blue gems closest to you. Also, grab the muck plug.
11. Insert the plug in the triangular hole and then grab the next four blue gems.
12. Insert the skull disc in the circular hole and then grab the last four blue gems. Also, pull out the carved stone. It will fall.
13. Pick up the stone carving. Pull out the plug and the skull disc and place the stone carving in the circular hole. Insert the plug in the triangle again. Place the skull disc in the circular slot on the wall at the top.
14. Now you have a laser puzzle to solve. First, place the 10 gems down. You need to use the gems to reflect the lasers so they hit the four circular heat gems.
15. Now you’re in a new area and Rachel’s phone gets wet! Pick up the 6 dry leaves and place them over the phone to soak up the moisture. It actually worked!
16. The phone is locked. The photo is of Rachel’s mom, Sara. So the passcode is SARA or 7272. Use it to unlock the phone.
17. Now you need to select the correct settings. Blue means something is on, black means it’s off. You need enough battery and time to make a call. You need enough range and the right satellite to reach Peter. Press the left arrow to see more details about Peter. He’s 7km away and on the REYN56 satellite. You also need at least 10 seconds for the call. You can copy my settings below. Make the call once everything’s set up right. When it asks you if you want to delete all photos from the phone, say yes.
18. Rachel’s phone will overheat and she’ll throw it away, burning all the moss covering the structure. Pick up the two stone devices on the floor and add them to the other two.
19. Time to solve the next puzzle. First, notice the symbols below them — a two-headed snake, a Big Dipper constellation, a leopard, and an alligator. Tap on the devices. Drag the four stone devices so they highlight those four objects. You’ll most likely get the Big Dipper by accident, but that’s by design.
20. Take the four white stones and remember where you got them from. Place the four white stones on the grid to the right and then move them to the places where there are holes on the map where you took them from.
Click on the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 4.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.