Adventure Escape: Dark Ruins
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game, which picks up after the events in Hidden Ruins. Professor Burns and Rachel are back, and are likely going to get themselves into trouble. There are some tricky puzzles, so this walkthrough guide will help out with hints, tips, solutions and answers. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 9, Xochi:
You can watch my video for Chapter 9 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Pick up all the dry leaves. Place the leaves in the water to soak it up.
2. Remove the leaves and grab the vine. Dig through the sand for a two snake statues.
4. Use the vine on the palm tree to the right. A toucan in a nest will appear and a snake will come and grab one of the eggs.
5. Place both snake statues in the holes. Brush away some sand to find symbols engraved in a metal plate. A piece of paper will drop from the nest. Look at both.
6. We need to figure out which five symbols will unlock the box. Look at the paper the bird dropped and compare it to those on the metal plate. Only five symbols from metal plate appear on the paper. Find them and then follow the lines from the symbols on the left to the symbols on the right. Those are the five symbols you need. So it goes:
Stairs > Spiral
Shell > Fish
Mountain > Palm Tree
Spider > Moon
Skull > Eagle
So to unlock the box, enter Spiral, Fish, Palm Tree, Moon, Eagle. Take the gong.
7. Add the gong to the two snakes. Take the mallet.
8. Use the mallet to hit the gong and scare away the snake. Pick up the egg. Give the egg back to the momma toucan.
9. The toucan will drop a Zoltec disc. Pick it up.
10. Place the Zoltec disc in the slot on the ground. Time to go into the underwater caves!
11. This puzzle is tricky, as you need to be careful not to run out of air. Make sure to stop at air pockets before you do. It also starts off dark until you see an area for the first time. So I’m including a screenshot of the whole map. You can also follow my directions:
12. Remove the sticks and pick up the nine pieces of driftwood.
13. Place the driftwood back down. You need to move them around so they form a barrier in the the same shape as the etching in front of you. You have limited moves, as the alligators get closer with each one!
14. Head down the hole for more underwater caves. I’ve included screenshots of it with the switch turned both ways. Here’s how to do it:
15. The sheriff is here! Open the car door and take the battery jumper and metal detector.
16. Look at the diagram of the human body on the back wall. Grab the hurricane piece from it and take a screenshot of the yellow pattern.
17. Go back through the water and place the hurricane piece on the puzzle here. Choose a starting position for the hurricane and then move it around to form the same pattern you saw on the human body diagram. Take the bat statue. While you’re here, use the metal detector on the sparkling area and take the other bat statue.
18. Go back down through the water and build another gong using the bat statues this time. Hit it with the mallet to scare away all the bats and reveal the sheriff! He lies to Xochi!
19. Pick up the car jack.
20. Use the car jack and the battery jumper to lift the fallen column. Take the night vision goggles from the sheriff.
21. Go back through the water and use the night vision goggles on the ruins in the distance. You can see part of some symbols: Shell, Skull, Eagle, Fish, Palm Tree, Spider.
22. Go back through the water and enter these symbols on the lock: Shell, Skull, Eagle, Fish, Palm Tree, Spider. Go through.
23 This is similar to a puzzle seen in their previous games. You have to hide from the bats. It goes like this:
And that’s the end of the chapter!
Click on the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 10.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.