Adventure Escape: Dark Ruins
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game, which picks up after the events in Hidden Ruins. Professor Burns and Rachel are back, and are likely going to get themselves into trouble. There are some tricky puzzles, so this walkthrough guide will help out with hints, tips, solutions and answers. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 8, The Pyramid:
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Pick up the shotgun. Use it to open the trunk of the car.
2. The briefcase is locked with a four-digit code. Look at the sheriff’s had on the ground. It says Addison Hats 1311 103rd St. fi101i Beach on it. Add up the three numbers, 1311 + 103 + 101 and you get 1515. That’s the code! Enter it to unlock the case and take the shovel and battering ram.
3. Use the shovel to remove all the rubble. Then examine the map. You need to select the doorways in the order that will get you to the goddess statue at the top. It will show you there’s a secret side entrance.
4. Use be battering ram to break through the wall to the secret entrance.
5. There’s an automated turret with motion sensors! Shoot at the wood supporting the cracked wall to crush the turret.
6. Use the shovel to put out the fire. Then look at the box of ammunition.
7. Go inside. If you try to tap on the red door, the ghost of Theresa tells you not to come in until you have all five sacred discs. So let’s find them.
8. Grab the combat knife from the chair and find the UV light.
9. Use the knife to cut open the body/sleeping bag. There’s another locked box.
10. Let’s deal with the lock on the closet. The clues are on the ammunition box. Each line tells you a fraction. So here you go:
.50 = 1/2
7/4/2/1 = 7/8
1 – 1/4 = 3/4
200×0 = 0 = 9/0
5 bullets with 1 missing = 5/6
So press the buttons in this order: 1/2, 7/8, 3/4, 9/0, 5/6.
11. Take the ancient handle from the closet and place the UV light in the light socket. Now you can see the fish disc on the floor. Pick it up!
12. There’s a map inside with a thumbprint on it. Some numbers are torn, but you can still figure out the coordinates: 15 & 65. Enter 1565 into the lock on the book to open it.
13. Read through the book and take the small key. The book says:
“I found this relic in a truck at the border.”
“I caught four looters and made them show me the lost city. My new home.”
“Xochi applies for a dig permit. She’s smart. She’ll find the city. I have to the hurry The End.”
“It took me days to find the sequence of discs in the Red Chamber. The looters wouldn’t help. I painted the equation on the floor.”
“I hid the discs so no one can stop The End.”
“The Goddess spoke to me in an ancient tongue. I asked her to flood the world.”
“Also I got fired so I took the Jeep.”
Sounds like it’s the sheriff’s book!
14. Use the small key to unlock the box in the sleeping bag and take the spider disc.
15. Head back out and use the knife to cut away the vines and get the stairs disc.
16. Go back to the Jeep. Add the handle to the stone device and try to turn it. The Jeep is in the way, so use the knife to cut it loose. Turn the handle again and then use the knife to get the mountains disc. Move the boxes that fell off the Jeep and take Peter’s drone.
17. Go back to the pyramid’s hidden entrance and use the drone to cut the skull disc loose from the vines. Pick it up. Now you should have all five discs.
18. Head back inside and go through the red door. Oh no! There are dead bodies! Slide the bodies away and then figure out the equation. Use the map for the numbers if you haven’t memorized them by now. It goes:
1 + 3 = 4 = 8 / 2
Fish + Skull = Stairs = Spider / Mountains
19. Now you have to solve a sliding blocks puzzle. Move the blocks out of the way so there’s room for the goddess to go out the top. And that’s the end of the chapter!
Click on the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 9.